'one's self is through discovery' - EMORY supplement

mustaa 7 / 15  
1) Many students decide to apply to Emory University based on our size, location, reputation, and yes, the weather. Besides these valid reasons as a possible college choice, why is Emory University a particularly good match for you?

They say college is the first big step one takes into "real life". Reading through countless articles and meticulously researching different colleges that reflect me as an individual, my cursor eventually made its ways to Emory University.

As I delved deeper I learned that there was more to Emory than just its size, reputation, and location. It was about providing students "the perfect Emory experience". One of the many reasons why life at Emory appeals to me is the rich cultural and ethnic diversity. I believe this is a vital ingredient in any successful University. This coupled with the wide array of groups and extracurricular activities present will help me locate people with similar interests and integrate easily into society. The student faculty ratio of 7:1 is another reason why Emory is particularly a good match for me; it will allow me to gain personalized attention and by working closely with my professors, develop a close bond. The crucial element that transformed my view of Emory into a vision of opportunity was a friend who is a current student at your University. His stories about campus life and the invaluable experience Emory provided him captivated me, and largely shaped my decision to apply to your renowned institution.

I strongly believe that the only way of knowing one's self is through discovery. Self-discovery, and I believe Emory will offer me a chance to do just that. An education from this University will enable me to gain knowledge within and outside the classroom. I look forward to taking full advantage of these opportunities and making the most of my experience by attempting to delve deeper, learn more, experience and live.

grammatical help, anything you feel i can add?, critiques?
Reading through countless articles and meticulously researching colleges that would reflect me as an individual, my cursor eventually made its ways to Emory University.

One of the many reasons why life at Emory appeals to me, is the rich cultural and ethnic diversity. I believe this is a vital ingredient at any successful University. This, coupled with the wide array of groups and extracurricular activities present, will help me locate people with similar interests and integrate easily into society. The student faculty ratio of 7:1 is another reason that Emory is particularly a good match for me; it will allow me to gain personalized attention and by working closely with my professors, developing a close bond. The crucial element that transformed my view of Emory into a vision of opportunity was a friend who is a current student at your University. His stories about campus life and the invaluable experience Emory provided him captivated me and largely shaped my decision to apply to your renowned institution.

I like it!

Good luck :)

Kevin
OP mustaa 7 / 15  
hey thanks a lot man! your the only one who found time to proof read it.
i appreciate it
debaterchick09 7 / 29  
when you mention your friend be sure to add a name, it will make it sound more personal. Also I would be careful with the whole 7:1 portion of the essay because in the prompt it says besides size, location and reputation, why emory.

"I believe this is a vital ingredient in any successful University. This coupled with the wide array of groups and extracurricular activities present will help me locate people with similar interests and integrate easily into society"

tell them what are the activites you want to participate in. Show them that you are specific and know what you want.

Hope this helped! :)
would you return the favor and help me with my essay? I really need! Thanks.

Home / Undergraduate / 'one's self is through discovery' - EMORY supplement