Parsons School of Art: "Describe a Time When You Were a Minority"

anakarenbarrera 1 / -  
First of all l have been a minority all my life, I live in Matamoros, Mexico frontier with Brownsville, Texas. I study in Texas and I am considered a minority in the US for being Mexican. I am also and artists, which is not always appreciated by many people because of the idea of being "dreamers."

So I have 2 concepts for my essay and many situations in which I have been a minority, the problem is I don't know how to start or how to make this part of my life interesting or attention- catching. Any suggestions can be helpful!
I am also and artistsan artist that,which is not always appreciated by many people because of the idea of beingthey think we are "dreamers" and live far from reality.

the problem is I don't know how to start or how to make this part of my life interesting or attention-

I think the second one, the idea of the artist, may help you come up with an interesting story. Tell your experiences and challenges of securing your place in whatever group you belonged to due to being an artist. The more you have real life experiences, the more interesting your essay would be and they'd understand you better and better :)

Home / Undergraduate / Parsons School of Art: "Describe a Time When You Were a Minority"