PEEDA; Rice supp- extracurricular activities or work experiences

prayush09 3 / 9  
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences. (150 word limit)

As I am interested in the field of engineering, I volunteered at an NGO named PEEDA (People's Energy and Environment Development Association). This experience helped me a lot. I was very fortunate enough to get to work with different engineers focusing to solve the energy problems in Nepal. I came to know what an engineers' job would be like once they graduate and I absolutely loved the job. Volunteering at PEEDA also gave me the opportunity to know about different ongoing projects to eradicate energy problems in Nepal like using Jatropha plant as a source of bio- fuel or making useful materials such as soap. In addition to theoretical knowledge, I have now gotten myself a chance to practice my work too. Coming February, a workshop is being organized about Jatropha plant and, hopefully, I can go to different parts of the country to explain the advantages of Jatopha plant.

I hope you can help me !!!!
As I am interested in the field of engineering, I volunteered at an NGO named PEEDA (People's Energy and Environment Development Association).

My interest in the field of engineering got me to volunteer at PEEDA(People's Energy and Environment Development Association), an NGO that ?????? (tell what its objective is)

This experience helped me a lot

I find this sentence adding no value for your response. You should have showed that it helped you a lot through your experiences with PEEDA.

I came to know what an engineers' job would be like once they graduate and I absolutely loved the job.

This too :(
Tell what you did there, - give a brief description of type of projects you were involved with, what you learned academically plus for life
OP prayush09 3 / 9  
thank you so much !!!
My interest in the field of engineering got me to volunteer at PEEDA (People, Energy and Environment Development Association), an NGO that aims to mobilize both local and external resources to harness Nepal's indigenous resources, thereby promoting activities for economic development and poverty alleviation.

While working here, I was involved with drafting a report about the preparation of soap via Jatropha plant. In addition to the report, I created a brochure for this particular NGO.

The first thing I learned after coming to this place is the method to prepare soap. I got to see different processes used like saponification, incubation, different methods of testing soaps like pH testing. Creating brochure gave me the opportunity to bring out my creative ideas.

This working opportunity has made me more of a responsible person. Today, I can take many responsibilities and put my own creative ideas to carry out the responsibilities given to me.

I did some corrections as you told me :) hope this one is better than the last one
OP prayush09 3 / 9  
can you please help me out with this one too

With the understanding that the choice of academic school you indicated is not binding, explain why you are applying to that particular school of study. (150 word limit)

I am one of the students who has a genuine interest in the field of Mechanical engineering. It is the innovative application of science and technology to the design, production and operation of mechanical devices, machinery and systems. Studying engineering and excelling in it gives me the power to make a difference. Living in Nepal, one thing you often come across is load shedding which extends up to sixteen hours a day. During my examination, I used to sit down to study and then suddenly the power goes out. Hence, I was compelled to study under dim light and studying in such manner is not effective. I took physics in my high school just for the purpose of understanding how an energy source worked and how can a better energy source be established in Nepal so that our future generations would not have to face the same problem as we did.
OP prayush09 3 / 9  
What motivated you to apply to Rice University? (200 word limit)

The first time I heard of Rice was when my professor said, many of his students wanted to get into Rice University. Upon reviewing myself, I found that Rice can be the perfect place for me to continue my undergrad education. Along with the amazing student body, I am also fond of the unique residential system rice has. Rice also has an incredible student to faculty ratio of 6:1 and personal contact with professors. As per my experience, when I upgraded from ten to eleven our class size reduced from fifty to fifteen. As a result, my academics improved as the teacher had to help very small number of students only. Rice contains very strong engineering department and can help me fulfill my dream of being an engineer. Another thing that fascinates me about Rice is the research opportunities the university provides. Not only Rice but I love Huston as a whole. The city itself contains large areas for research opportunities.

I also think that Rice can develop different qualities that are hidden inside me. Along with engineering I want to improve my other qualities like public speaking, creative writing, and many others.

Help me with this one too !!!!
While working here, I was involved with drafting a report about the preparation of soap via Jatropha plant.

My involvement with PEEDA got me to prepare a draft report on making soap from the Jatropha plant.

Here there is no proper sequence of your ideas. You talk about making soap, then a brochure and again soap... You need to arrange the flow of ideas. Finish one idea completely before starting another one. Once you improve this part I can help you with it.

Also, about the other two posts (the last two in this thread) you should open new threads for them. That's the forum rule.
This was a great opportunity to for me to understand different processes used in soap manufacturing such as saponification, incubation, pH testing etc. In addition to the report I was instrumental in introducing attractive brochures that provide information about PEEDA. My involvement with this NGO helped me develop my knowledge, creative talents and social networking skills.

I think it is better if you spoke a little bit more about your personal skills you developed by working for PEEDA.
OP prayush09 3 / 9  
Thank you so so much !!!! can you please help me with my other essay (Rice perspective)

Home / Undergraduate / PEEDA; Rice supp- extracurricular activities or work experiences