PHILIPPINES: THE LAND OF THE UNEMPLOYED, A SNAPSHOT OF THE PHILIPPINE CASE

flowerb2st 1 / -  
What are you going to do when you get out of school?

Are you sure you can get a job?

Good Afternoon everyone.

A man willing to work, and unable to find work, is perhaps the saddest sight that fortune's inequality exhibits under this sun. Can you think of jobs that have become outdated? Ask your parents; they are sure to have some examples to share. Sometimes, jobs for specialized skills might still be available, but not in the job-seeker's town.

Every year, the number of overseas workers have continued to rise, the country has supplied all kinds of skilled and low-skilled workers to the world's more developed regions. The Philippines has always been, largely a country of emigration and I think that it is not solely because of the lack of opportunities here in our country but also because of the low compensation received here, it is comparatively low to the cost of goods, services and other necessities. Wisely thinking, working abroad is a better option to survive. Better salary can also be achieved. The downside of this is that you won't be with your family and loved ones.

Two main reasons why unemployment happens, first is the lack of job opportunities, too many people but too little jobs, and the other one is the lack of information about the job opportunities, people who are patient enough will find a job while those who are not will most likely be unemployed.

Unemployment is a serious problem that our government faces. Our leaders are trying their utmost best to solve it wisely. This is not just the government's problem, it is also ours. Nowadays, finding a job is extremely tough, let alone finding a good one. As undergraduate students, we are ships in the harbor, while there are thunderstorms on the sea, but we cannot watch the thunderstorms with folded arms. In the near future we would be a big part of the society, we would lead the next generation. Time will come that we will need to find our own job, and we might experience what the others are experiencing now, not quite exciting right? If we don't want this to happen, we need to stand up now before everything gets worse, because "Everything which is done in the present, affects the future by consequence, and the past by redemption." Would we just sit back and relax, just because it still doesn't affects us? Or would we stand up for the rights we deserve and for what others deserve.

Youth unemployment has deep roots. Combating it requires us to challenge the things we have always believed in by reforming schools and universities; by ramping up apprenticeships and monitoring. Teachers and parents, business leaders, policy makers and we students have a crucial part to play. We all know that it will not be easy, it would take a lot of time before we can solve this: "Creative destruction" or creating something new and destroying what has existed before is not without casualties. Yet, creativity is what our generation do best. Our fresh, radical and positive minds must seize the initiative, breaking the problem of the present and continually re-imagining the future.

It's time to tackle youth unemployment, as Einstein once said, "we can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Generation Y and Z should stop asking "why me?" and start asking "why not?" One more thing, everyone's mind frame is to get a job, well if you can't get a job then make a job.

Is it okay???
Sam, before we can accurately review the content of this paper, we need to have some additional information. Information such as whether this is a research paper or a speech? What is the premise of your paper? Who is the audience of your paper? What message do you hope to get across with the information you presented? We really need a set of guidelines so that we can accurately review and advice you regarding the content of the paper.

In general though, the grammar is good. It has a perfectly academic tone, and delivers in terms of information about the topic you are discussing. However, we need clarification regarding the hypothesis of this paper. Aside from that, the conclusion does not seem to offer a clear suggestion regarding how the problems of unemployment in your country can be addressed either by the business sector or government. All of the concerns were presented, and yet no possible solutions could be found based on research from your end? I am not sure if that is how this paper should end.

Home / Undergraduate / PHILIPPINES: THE LAND OF THE UNEMPLOYED, A SNAPSHOT OF THE PHILIPPINE CASE