How to prevent another Crisis in the World (College of Arts and Sciences)

Genieo 3 / 4 1  
College of Arts and Sciences:
Describe your intellectual interests, their evolution, and what makes them exciting to you. Tell us how you will utilize the academic programs in the College of Arts and Sciences to further explore your interests, intended major, or field of study.

My heart was set on Medicine and I believed I was going to be renowned Doctor when I was older, but that all changed once I got into Sixth Form. I had healthy interests, playing basketball, watching cartoons and anything pertaining to Nature, but once I got older, those interests changed. They went from Basketball to Football, Cartoons to Anime and Nature to Economics.

My interest in Economics really developed once I was in my A-Level class. My teacher was rambling on about The Wealth of Nations. Initially I had begun to formulate the crude jokes and innuendos about poor countries for people to feast their laughter upon. The following Lesson, My teacher decided to speak about the book again and to my surprise everyone had cottoned on to the philosophies and principles of the book, which made me feel inadequate and unprepared. Not to be outsmarted again by my peers, I decided to have a look at the book. I was absorbed by the content of the book, but slightly confused as to how greatly the world revolves around certain Economic principles. I began to think outside of the box and think, what if? By this point in time I was only slightly convinced as to whether pursue Economics as my intended major, until the world Imploded.

Bank Crisis, Debt, Inflation, all these were plastered across front pages, and headline stories on the 6 o'clock news. I was petrified, the ancient prophecy that the Mayans had supposedly predicted had come a few years to early. It was until my brother consoled me that it was the Economic world in peril.

The Global Economic Crisis, this had gripped the entire world and I was shocked that no one had predicted this or foresaw this event. Albert Einstein once said "Intellectuals solve problems, but Geniuses prevent them". I became captivated by this topic and engaged in several debates with my teacher which sealed my Interest in the subject.The research resources available at Cornell are world class, this is because of the quality and quantity of the recent experiments and research programs being performed at a high level. With these resources I hope to become a distinguished Economist that has the ability to prevent economic disasters before they happen.

The diverse community present at Cornell will also help me become a successful family man in the future as academics is not the only staple of life, but caring for the people and society around me.

Thank you!
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
My heart was set on Medicine and I believed I was going to bearenowned Doctor when I was older

The following Lesson,Mymyteacher decided to

sealed myInterestinterest in the subject

Apart for these small mistakes your essay is very good. :)

Home / Undergraduate / How to prevent another Crisis in the World (College of Arts and Sciences)