Princeton Quote Essay- If not us, who? If not now, when?

bmachado 5 / 23  
I have started writing an introduction for this essay but now I am stuck... any suggestions that anyone has that might get me unstuck would be great as well as any comments on what I have written so far. Thanks!

Prompt (about 500 words): Using a favorite quotation from an essay or book you have read in the last three years as a jumping off point, tell us about an event or experience that helped you define one of your values or changed how you approach the world. Please write the quotation at the beginning of your essay.

If not us, who? If not now, when?

Those eight simple words combine to ask two very simple questions, but the message behind those words makes the questions very profound. They are an outright call to action, an impetus to do something great, to become a part of something bigger than yourself, to change the world. Those words have become my credo; they have inspired me to become more proactive and think not only about what I can accomplish, but what we as people can accomplish, together, if we just try.
channy - / 15  
give examples of how the quote is "an impetus to do something great," "become a part of something bigger than yourself," or "to change the world"

also i think u need a better start than "those eight simple word combine to.." since its a bit boring to say it since its pretty obvious?

please read my essays too! i need help
OP bmachado 5 / 23  
any suggestions for how I can start other than "those eight simple word combine to.." I am so burnt out from writing personal statements that my brain is completely fried and I can no longer think... urgh... I will be so happy when I am done with these...
To come up with an opening that is not so cliche, brainstorm phrases that capture the meaning of the quote:
"call to action"
Human motivation
Here and now

Start with a sentence that refers to the meaning of the words instead of the words themselves.

Home / Undergraduate / Princeton Quote Essay- If not us, who? If not now, when?