Psychoanalysis/Pencil & Paper; NYU/ Academic interest?/ What intrigues you?

margeparge 1 / -  
Hey guys, we all make stupid mistakes right? lol so of course me waiting till the last few days to write my nyu supps was stupid.

like the title of the thread states, could you look over my grammar and sentence structure? the mechanical stuff, i don't want to send it in with stupid mistakes...

buuuut if you would like to give me tips and some advice on how i can make the overall essay better and if i should expand, delete, or change the content please let me know!!

A. What are your own academic interests? Feel free to share any thoughts on any particular programs or how you might explore those interests at NYU on any of our campuses.

One could say that I was the average child. I loved animals, art, dancing, and dressing up. Nonetheless, time went on and more awkward family gatherings occurred with relatives inquiring, "Oh, what do you want to be? Any colleges you're interested in?" It was difficult to put a label on what I wanted to be because I wanted to do it all. However, in high school, I found it particularly enjoyable to meet new people and build relationships. Having moved to a different town right before my sophomore year, I had plenty of chances to talk to strangers and gauge what the new school would be like. It was during this year that I really began to show my true self. Majoring in Media, Culture and Communications would equip me with the resources and knowledge required to work in environments and fulfill tasks dealing with society and public relations. Furthermore, studying abroad has been a goal of mine since sixth grade. I can't wait to my experience and also understand a different culture. However, back on campus, I would love to supplement my major with a minor in psychology. Since taking an AP Psychology class my junior year, I have been fascinated by the human mind and the way it affects our behavior. The undergraduate course, "Psychoanalysis: Desire and Culture" caught my eye, simply by the title but it pulled me in even further with the description. Such courses like this one drive me to pursue a true interest of mine and put my knowledge to good use.

B. What intrigues you? Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of communication, or place in the world (a film, book, performance, website, event, location, etc.), and explain its significance to you.

Many argue that pencil and paper have become nearly obsolete within the past decade. No one has time to write out a ten page paper for their American Literature class and an assignment is no longer expected to be executed that way. Typing is precise and arguably much faster with proper typing skills. Nonetheless, in this society bursting with technology, I will never throw out the pencil and paper that I always carry. Oddly enough, writing down a note or a reminder provides a sense of security. Instead of going throughout my day waiting for a buzz and a beep from my iPhone, alerting me of my next task, I find it reassuring to see my responsibilities listed out. This is especially true with keeping track of homework, tests, and school functions. Several of my peers have remarked about my use of the school-provided assignment pad; they believe that it is superfluous and a waste of time. However I find it useful and essential. It is fulfilling to cross something off of my to-do list, it makes me feel as if I am getting somewhere and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Don't get me wrong as I do not doubt the power of technology, it is a wonderful thing that propels us into the future. Perhaps it is because I am a visual person, but my pencil and paper will be around for quite a while.
yuzec95 3 / 25  
time went on

As time went on..

Majoring in Media, Culture and Communications would equip me with the resources and knowledge required to work in environments and fulfill tasks dealing with society and public relations.

This is a VERY general statement. What is it exactly that you want to accomplish in your future?

Such courses like this one drive me to pursue a true interest of mine and put my knowledge to good use.

Try and think of a stronger ending!
Leave them with an impact.

Home / Undergraduate / Psychoanalysis/Pencil & Paper; NYU/ Academic interest?/ What intrigues you?