Reading - Common App; extracurricular activity

sarthakjain 19 / 58  
Hello, please review the short extracurricular answer of mine for common app. please point out any grammar mistake and also, if the idea is smoothly flowing through the paragraph (specifically the italicized line) . any help will be appreciated. Did it appear dull or interesting ? please be harsh in your review.

prompt:please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activity or work experience in brief. ( 1000 character maximum)

The activity is quite simple, yet quite demanding in its own right - Reading. I enjoy turning pages, exploring the world through the ink on pages of papyrus. The anticipation of what is going to come next makes me ecstatic - ranging from political description of World War II in Mein Kampf to flowery language of Wuthering Heights. And most importantly I like to read the works of my contemporaries including my family and friends. That's why I decided to be a part of School Editorial Board, which gave a chance to explore through the writings of great many students and in addition, get a glance into their ideologies and biases. Day after day of editing those creative pieces of literature fashioned or challenged my own views, brought rib bursting laughter or heart shattering tears and a new sense of understanding and respect for my peers. Nonetheless, whatever the feeling is, in the end, it always gives me pleasure nothing else can possibly give.
exploring the world through the ink on pages of papyrus.

.... I feel it's better you give more emphasis on to the contents of the book rather than the ink ;
exploring the world through paragraphs, chapters and volumes.

And most importantly I like to read the works of my contemporariesincluding my family and friends.

And most importantly I love to read the works of my contemporaries including the works of my family and my friends.

Interesting answer... Wish you good luck with your application!
OP sarthakjain 19 / 58  
thanks for the reply. i will certainly look over those points
serdarovez 10 / 33 3  
School Editorial Board, which gave a chance to explore through the writings of great many students and in addition, get a glance into their ideologies and biases. Day after day of editing those creative pieces of literature fashioned or challenged my own views, brought rib bursting laughter or heart shattering tears and a new sense of understanding and respect for my peers. Nonetheless, whatever the feeling is, in the end, it always gives me pleasure nothing else can possibly give.

this party is a little wordy but in general it seems to be good and i dont see any grammar mistakes, and its pretty smooth.

I would say that it is an outstanding essay :)

Home / Undergraduate / Reading - Common App; extracurricular activity