"Realizing recycling bins" - short essay

moseyer /  
Short essay on recycling bins

Realizing recycling bins are underutilized, I led a group to do a community service. Firstly, my group did a survey to learn residents' concerns of recycling. According to the collation of the survey, we posted signs and posters around the community to inform the residents the location of recycling bins and publicize the significance of recycling. We later organized a recycling drive to give residents a vivid knowledge and address their concerns to evoke residents' enthusiasm to make full use of recycling bins.

After our proposal, we got the feedback from the recycling company that the recycling rate increased by 15%. In the whole process, I learnt three main factors contributing to the final success. First, we were not too ambitions. We only targeted resident in a community instead of people among the whole city. Second, we managed to partner two governmental organizations: X X X and the Town Council, and one recycling company: Super X so that we could ensure our proposal proceeded without a hitch and got timely suggestions. Last, we clarified their possible misconceptions and removed their concerns, surmounting the last obstacle. Therefore, it is my unforgettable experience that strengthens my practical ability to carry on a project.
newsha31 19 / 75  
i am not an native english speaker either, im just trying to do a little help. im not 100% sure though.
i think in this sentence: "Then, according to the collation of the survey, we posted signs and posters around the community to inform the residents the location of recycling bins and publicize the significance of recycling."

instead of "the collation of the survey" you can just say "the results". it gives the reader the same message.
unfortunatly there are a few words here that i dont know their meanings... i wish i could help more than this.
lattent 4 / 30  
i would agree with angela. I think you would benefit greatly by explaining what it meant to you and not just summarize what you did. That will display that you truly had an interest in this activity and it wasn't mere fluff, or a "going-through-the-motions" sort of thing

Home / Undergraduate / "Realizing recycling bins" - short essay