UC Prompt #8-What sets you apart? Rough draft-notepad and italy

annikaacuna 2 / 2  
I don't even know if this pertains to the prompt. Let me know if should rewrite or if there should be any corrections

One interesting fact about me: I keep a notepad near my bed. Second interesting fact about me: I once had a search team of teachers look for me in Italy. With any human, the suspense of the unknown and the need for instant gratification for information feeds off the soul of the curious. In fact, you yourself, still might be curious about the stories behind my facts. Undoubtedly, curiosity is the lust of the mind.

The explanation behind fact one is simple. I keep a notepad near my bed to write down the swarming thoughts that consume me late at night. Growing up, I had suffered from anxiety, and writing in my notepad lightened the ceaseless stream of thoughts that pressed me. Now, writing in my notepad is a nightly routine. By scribbling down my impulsive thoughts, I'm wired into a spiral of creativity and inquiry. It is with these scribbles that I have discovered unexpected answers to questions, ideas, and my interests. It is with my notepad that my mounting curiosity is relinquished.

Next, to explain my second fact is slightly more complicated. In short, I managed to break free from my group, and ended up in a narrow street in Italy without a tourist in sight. I won't admit that I wandered off voluntarily, because to say the least, curiosity possessed me. The tourist places were getting uneventful and I wanted to rampage through the real country. Although I was only lost for an hour until a teacher found me, I saw the holy grail of Italy's culture and way of life. If I were to be honest, I enjoyed being lost.

Without a doubt, uncertainty is frightening. But I've learned to embrace it. Curiosity is the heart and driving force for innovation, success, and knowledge. When we are curious, we see things with a new eye. Curiosity has opened up a world that is yet to be discovered, in which motivates me to find meaning in my life. Ultimately, that is what sets me apart. I have a burning passion to learn. To be and do the unimaginable.
fall2017 4 / 17  
@annikaacuna
Your essay definitely relates to the prompt. The whole content sets off an aura of suspense and makes the readers want more of it. However, one thing I'd like to point out is-

Now, writing in my notepad is a nightly routine.

Instead of writing 'is a' you could write, 'has become'.

Good luck!
Annika, it is my opinion that you should rethink the content of your essay. It is currently more of a self description that a discussion of what sets you apart as a person should not be a descriptive essay of an eccentricity. It should instead, be something memorable about you that helps people to remember you as a unique individual. Think of how people would describe you to others if they are asked about you. What is the most memorable thing about you as a person? Usually, the thing that makes people remember you is what sets you apart from other people. So try to think in those terms. You can ask your friends to help you develop this essay by helping you pick your most unique character trait or personality which is not normally seen in other people. Try to think out of the box in this instance. Your uniqueness should be something that allows you to stand out in a crowd. So, ask yourself, what is it about you that people remember the most when they meet you? That is going to be your response to this prompt.

Home / Undergraduate / UC Prompt #8-What sets you apart? Rough draft-notepad and italy