Share your reasons for choosing AIF Computer Science program at Waterloo. Why this school?

glacierstar56 1 / -  

AIF Computer Science Waterloo - why?

Hey, just having a bit of trouble writing my AIF for waterloo, any advice would be appreciated.

Please tell us about your educational goals, your interest in your chosen program(s), and your reasons for applying to the University of Waterloo. If you have applied to more than one program please discuss your interest in each program. (900 character limit)

As an artist & a programmer, I wish to mix these passions with the power of computation. Having created my own digital spaces, this is something I want to move forward doing. The CS program taught at Waterloo is renowned for its vigor & its ability to prepare one for the workforce, & I believe it can help me do so. By studying computer science at Waterloo, I can become a full-fledged front-end developer. The CS497 course & its emphasis on creating a computational visual experience fascinates me, & I especially look forward to taking it. The coop program offered allows me to gain experience & contacts, & allows me to get a leg up on the competition. As a woman, Waterloo's WICS is very appealing, as in a male dominated field it is vital to find companionship among your gender. The idea of having a bigCSter guiding me is a comfort, & I too wish to become one in the future.
It is obvious that you have done much research into the course listing for your chosen major. You can mention these very well in the essay but, aside from telling the reviewer what he already knows about the course, you do not tell him how the course will apply to your vision of your future career, which is a given in this statement. Simply saying the program is known for its vigor, anong other things, does not indicate a true excitement about your university choice. Where is the personal connection? What excited you about the course and university beyond the template explanation?

vital to find companionship among your gender.

Why? How does the existence of women in this field, or, how does your entry into the field hopefully open areas for women? Why is it important that you do that from the learning fields of Waterloo?

It appears to me that the total statement needs to be revised to allow you to deliver a more personalized response approach to the prompt.

Home / Undergraduate / Share your reasons for choosing AIF Computer Science program at Waterloo. Why this school?