The simple (maybe the silly ;) things in life make me happy

mualla 19 / 92 28  
Hi I would really appreciate comments for this supplement as I am applying ED2 to this school.

What makes you happy?

Combining different fruits to create new smoothie recipes after working out, getting drenched from head to toe under water balloon fights & sprinklers on hot summer days with my friends, watching the rain from my balcony while sitting on my gray stool.

Spending time at Ant Book Cafe with my friends and discussing the books that we read that week, blending in with the kids at the park and going back and forth on the swings, finger and toe painting, and gardening strawberries and tomatoes in my backyard.

Helping my mom serve baklava(pistachio dessert) and Turkish bagels to guests who come over on Sunday nights. Drinking warm cups of tea and having warm conversations with my grandpa while playing backgammon with him. Huddling around a box of chocolates and diving in with my sisters to gobble them all up in seconds; I can not help but chuckle when my youngest sister(the chocolate monster) races with me to finish the chocolates.

Cracking jokes during breakfast, watching Şaban(the popular Turkish cinema character) with my family and playing at least four rounds of chess with my dad on the weekends. Attempting to bake, even though I am not-so-good at it.

It is the time that I spend with others, like friends and family, that make me happy. The fun from trying out new(and even silly) things in life that make me happy. The moments that I will remember when I look back in the future and smile.
realtalk 2 / 15 5  
@mualla
Instead of using phrases try to use full sentences with subject and verb!

It is the time that I spend with others that makes me happy

The fun from trying out new things in life makes me happy

: the moments that I will remember when I look back in the future
OP mualla 19 / 92 28  

Holt,
When you have a chance could you please take a look at my supplement?
Mualla, remove the reference to the Turkish TV character. If the reviewer is not familiar with him or the program, the reason that makes you happy will be lost on him. What I mean is, it won't matter to him in the review of your essay. Stick to the more easily understood or more familiar topics such as Baklava, making smoothies, and going to the book shop. These are all activities that are more commonly undertaken, experienced, and understood by the public. The essay is really good as far as I can tell. It really shows a more relaxed side to your personality and also provides an insight into how you prefer to spend your off days from school. The only drawback that I see, is that you don't really get to delve into the details of how and why these activities make you happy. You stick the reviewer with a general explanation at the end which is supposed to apply to all the activities as a common factor. I think you should just cut it down to one or two activities that make you happy so that you can better explain the reasons behind those choices.

Home / Undergraduate / The simple (maybe the silly ;) things in life make me happy