'small seminar classes' - What influenced me to apply to Barnard

maryp630 7 / 20  
What factors have influenced your decision to apply to Barnard College? What intrigues you about Barnard's approach to the liberal arts and sciences?
I walked through the black iron gates and stood flabbergasted. I did not know whether or not I was still in New York City because I had never seen such green leaves and beautiful flowers before. Considering that this is New York City and the campus was actually quiet, I automatically fell in love with Barnard. The location was what captured my attention immediately; it all looked like a different world. Along with my counselor from the Harlem Educational Activities fund, I attended the HEOP Breakfast held at Barnard. At the breakfast, I learned more about Barnard and its small community. Once again, I knew that this was the place for me. I know that I will be able to thrive in small seminar classes and Barnard gives me just that. Barnard will assist with my desire to become a well-rounded person with its approach to the liberal arts education and the Nine Ways of Knowing. Barnard's partnership with Columbia University will provide me with the best of both worlds. Although I grew up in the city, Barnard will be able to expand my horizons and expose me to all that New York City has to offer.
rosomp - / 11  
You're off to a great start, but I think the essay needs one little thing to make it perfect. I think you should include reasons as to WHY a liberal arts education intrigues you, rather than just saying you want one. Just a couple of details about that and you should be goods to go.
sarahbee 1 / 49  
Hey,

Suggestion:

I automaticallyimmediately or instantly(seems like a better fit) fell in love with Barnard

other than that I think it's a pretty solid essay. if you have time could you take a look at my Rice Essay !

Home / Undergraduate / 'small seminar classes' - What influenced me to apply to Barnard