'spirit of education' - Syracuse University Questions: Hasn't been seen by anyone!

archii 2 / 3  
Who or what influenced you to apply to Syracuse University? (Maximum: 250 words) (SU)

Since I moved to the United States 15 years ago, I lived in a total of four states. My dad is currently a full professor at Syracuse University, the first school that has actually caught my attention out of the various colleges my dad has worked at.

Syracuse University's renowned and rigorous School of Architecture is where I dream of spending the next five years acquiring the knowledge and skills to receive the professional Bachelor of Architecture degree. When I visited the School of Architecture in Slocum Hall, I thought I would only leave with some brochures. I was pleasantly surprised when I was given an on-the-spot informational interview and personal tour of Slocum's studios by Amy Pangborn. Then, we bumped into the School of Architecture's dean, Michael Speaks, as he walked through the halls. Michael accompanied me on the rest of the tour, speaking enthusiastically about study abroad in Florence and London, recent lectures by Fei Wang, and even a competitive architecture contest that SU students won second place in, beating out other architecture firms. Never before have I had such a personal college visit, enriched by the passion and spirit of the faculty.

Undoubtedly, it was Syracuse University's spirit of education that influenced me to apply. My dad, as a professor, and the faculty at the School of Architecture, like Amy and Michael, showed me that Syracuse University genuinely cares about each individual student.

Who is the person you dream of becoming and how do you believe Syracuse University can help you achieve this? (Maximum: 250 words) (SU)

I dream of becoming an individual who can inspire people through my creative works. As an artist, I have always enjoyed seeing the faces of my parents, friends, and teachers light up when they view my artwork. However, it is critique, not admiration, that truly pushes me to never stop improving. I am extremely driven, and will stop at nothing to find solutions. There is no doubt that given Syracuse University's rigor, I will come across difficulty and criticism. Syracuse University will push me to constantly improve myself.

As a concerned environmentalist, I dream of taking part in the revolution of reversing the disastrous impact humans have had on our planet. Through architecture, I can achieve this goal. Syracuse University has had a history of setting precedents and educating renowned individuals, such as Joe Biden, who are currently creating big change.

I hope that when I become an architect, my works would be both aesthetically appealing and environmentally friendly. If and when people admire my works in the future, I would have Syracuse University to thank for helping me reach my fullest potential.
collegebound200 1 / 3  
Since I moved to the United States 15 years ago, I have lived in a total of four states. My dad is currently a full time? professor at Syracuse University, the first school that out of any of the colleges my father has worked at, has actually caught my attention.

... acquiring the knowledge and skills needed to receive a professional Bachelor of Architecture degree.
... I thought I would only leave with some brochures.
... speaking enthusiastically about study abroad opportunities in Florence and London, recent [...] beating out various architecture firms. Never before have I had such a personal college visit, enriched by the passion and spirit of the faculty.

I would say something like: Never before on any of my other college visits, had I felt so personally connected to the school and its faculty.

Undoubtedly, it was Syracuse University's spirit of education that influenced me to apply. My dad, as a professor, and the faculty at the School of Architecture, like Amy and Michael, showed me that Syracuse University genuinely cares about each individual student. << I like this last part but HOW do they show you that syracuse genuinely cares about each student?

your other essay sounds good, a bit on the short side though.

Home / Undergraduate / 'spirit of education' - Syracuse University Questions: Hasn't been seen by anyone!