"You can't do it." - Stanford Supplement What Matters to You

lisa6394 4 / 7  
What matters to you and why?

"You can't do it." Nothing makes me more determined than that little phrase. That's what my dad said when I told him I thought I could make it to the Junior Olympics. "You can't do it." Suddenly that was the only thing I could think about. I hadn't been throwing for very long and I wasn't that good yet, but I was determined to prove him wrong. I started working out every day, going to the gym, lifting weights, swimming, trying to get stronger. I would then go out to throw every day. I would practice for hours on end. When I had been training for months I finally got to the regional meet. I had to pass this meet to advance. I was so nervous. Everyone else was looking pretty good. It was my turn to go in the ring. With my dad watching, I walked to the back, implement in hand, and closed my eyes. I told myself, "I can do this." That was all it took. I launched that hammer all the way out of the cage. Anxiously waiting to see how far it was, I saw that it was a new personal best, and just enough to qualify for the Junior Olympics in Sacramento. I was incredibly happy and most of all relieved. I had done it. I have see that if I want to be successful in life I cannot just give up when others tell me no. What matters to me most, is having the strength and courage to never say, I give up.

Word count: 260

Feel free to correct! I really need help!
karthik21 2 / 4  
Try to correct the this sentence: "I have see that if I want to be successful in life I cannot just give up when others tell me no. What matters to me most, is having the strength and courage to never say, I give up. "

It looks good I mean inspirational but you should try to improve vocabulary of this. I think talking to your advisor is better.

I also actually feel the same thing when someone says that I cant do something.

Good luck for you. I am also trying to get into stanford

Home / Undergraduate / "You can't do it." - Stanford Supplement What Matters to You