UF statement of intent - physical therapist

ldiaz069 1 / -  
Please make any changes that seem fit thank you!!

What are the core skills and knowledge you hope to acquire by completing a degree in this major and how do you plan to apply these when you graduate?

I believe that there are several skills that are important in any field of work, such as time management, compassion, communication, and leadership. Along with those skills, I am certain that this program will heighten my critical thinking and problem-solving skills. As I continue my time volunteering, working around physical therapists has given me a glimpse of the importance of being able to identify issues, generate solutions, and communicate them clearly. In completing a Bachelor's in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology at the University of Florida, I hope to acquire a deeper knowledge of what physical therapy entails, along with learning how to manage these skills and strengthening my weaknesses. When I graduate, I plan on continuing my education at the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Florida and receiving my doctorate, so I am determined to apply all these skills into my personal and professional life by being consistent and remaining diligent. My goal is to help people who deal with pain improve their quality of life and being able to see patients progress positively is truly something I value. I am aware that getting a degree in this major will require a large amount of time and discipline, therefore, I hope that this experience will better prepare me for my future as a physical therapist.

One essay per thread.
You are spending too much time on introducing your background when you should be focused on the core intent discussions. In my opinion, you can remove the first 3 sentences from the presentation without affecting the later explanation, which is more related to the required information for the essay statement. Expand further on the core skills and development discussion. It is too short. You can use at least 2 or 3 more sentences to do that. That is one of the reasons why you have to remove the earlier sentences. Those simply do not fit the required narrative. The rest of your explanations are informative in the manner required so you do not have to worry about the rest of the essay presentation.

Home / Undergraduate / UF statement of intent - physical therapist