UF Statement of Intent - 200 Words - "The International Economist"

edgardocev 1 / 1  
Hi I have to write a 200 word Statement of Intent for UF. I know this essay is not quite finished. I was wondering if you guys could help me make this a winning essay.

Instructions: Your statement of intent is a very important part of your application. What you provide helps the university know you as an individual -- independent of grades, test scores and other objective data. Please submit two 200-word statements.

Prompt:Your statement of intent is a very important part of your application. What you provide helps the university know you as an individual -- independent of grades, test scores and other objective data. Please submit two 200-word statements.

Essay Draft:

With a Bachelor of Arts in Economics I hope to acquire a broad knowledge of Economics with a focus on public, international and financial economics. I am highly interested in how economics, politics, and time affect societal development. The goal of this would be to learn how countries through political intervention slow or hasten economic development of their nations and the effects on a global scale. This would then allow me to be able to understand, through analysis of empirical data the permanent effects economic policy can have on a nation's comparative advantage. This would help in my pursuit of a career as an International Economist so I can report these developments to policy makers. My ambition would be to assist in the drafting of political policies and proposals that would benefit developing nations and nations with excessive deficits.

Completion of this degree would heighten my critical thinking skills, quantitative reasoning skills, and problem solving skills. These skills, learned through the discipline of economics are instrumental not only for my chosen career path but also for me as an individual. A great example is Game Theory, the study of strategic decision making, which is applicable to all branches of life.
Silentlips 3 / 7  
I think you should place word analytical thinkin rather than critical thinkin. Well its good draft .
OP edgardocev 1 / 1  
Thank you so much. I agree. Is it bad that I mention Game Theory? What do you think? Should I touch on it?

Home / Undergraduate / UF Statement of Intent - 200 Words - "The International Economist"