I'm stuck here wondering about my future; Transfer to old west bury

j_maravilla 1 / 1  
As my daughter runs around the living room, I'm stuck here wondering about my future and in which direction I want to go. I'm not sure what I should put into this essay but I hope someone could understand my point of view. I consider myself the epitome of your modern day young single mother. I am a part of our now baby booming epidemic in which my story will be one of many that you read, but I'm here to tell you about the challenges as a young parent that I will face and how I will prepare to face them if accepted to the College at Old West bury. One of the many challenges I expect to face is balancing time for my daughter,work, and studies. I find this to be one of my biggest challenges because any parent would want to be a part of their child's life as much possible while also maintaining their own individuality, in my case balancing both my roles as a successful young student and a mother will be a feat. People ask me all the time, "Wouldn't being a student interfere with being a parent?", "what about work"?, Being a parent is everything but not easy, Now a days, parent's face a lot of issues and with so many distractions in their lives. The law regulation of parenting in my culture is that once we are parents we are to revolve our world around our kid's, many loose their self's in this process to the parenting lifestyle and forget that they differ from their kids. When Im asked about "Interference" with my child and studies, I see it as a way to bond with my daughter to instill good study habits, so I'm sacrificing myself for the both of us. The first step is to realize things are never going to be perfect. As far as work, I feel that if your able to perform well at your job that any company will be willing to work with you because they are interested in you good work ethics. Its professionalism. Time is also a challenge. Time for school time for work and time for my daughter, it's a race against time and though I will never beat it. I will always attempt to satisfy the well being of my daughter and the future I deserve. There are three goals that inspired me to continue my education which are to attain education, personal feat, and to create a career not a "Job". Continuing my education is important to me because today's society expect more out of our generation as the expansion of technology continues. Attending school will become a second home to me where i await new experiences, new faces and indulge in the bittersweet roach to success.
JackGumprecht 1 / 3  
I assume the entire thing is what you want editing?

As my daughter runs around the living room, I'm stuck here wondering about my future and in which direction I want to go. I'm not sure what I should put into this essay but I hope someone could understand my point of view. I consider myself the epitome of a modern day young single mother. I am a part of the recent baby boom in which my story will be one of many that you read, but I'm here to tell you about the challenges as a young parent that I will face, and how I will prepare to face them if accepted to the College at Old West Bury.

One of the many challenges I expect to face is balancing time for my daughter, work, and studies. I find this to be one of my biggest challenges, as any parent would want to be a part of their child's life as much possible while also maintaining their own individuality. In my case, balancing both my roles as a successful young student and a mother will be a particularly difficult test. People ask me all the time, "Wouldn't being a student interfere with being a parent?", "What about work?" Being a parent is anything but easy. These days parents face a lot of issues, and face many distractions in their lives. The general rule of parenting in my culture is that once we are parents we are to revolve our world around our children. Many parents lose themselves to the parenting lifestyle and forget that they differ from their children. When I'm asked about "Interference" with my child and studies, I see it as a way to bond with my daughter and to instill good study habits, so I'm sacrificing myself for the both of us. The first step is to realize that things are never going to be perfect. Regarding work, I feel that if your able to perform well at your job that any company will be willing to work with you, because they are interested in your good work ethics. It's professionalism.

Time is also a challenge, time for school, time for work, and time for my daughter, it's a constant struggle, and though I will never beat it, I will always attempt to satisfy the well being of my daughter and the future I deserve. There are three goals that inspired me to continue my education which are to gain an education, personal feat, and to create a career rather than a "job". Continuing my education is important to me because today's society expect more out of our generation as the expansion of technology continues. Attending school will become a second home to me where I await exciting new episodes, new faces, and experience the bittersweet road to success.

The bit in bold. 'personal feat' - I'm not sure what you mean by this, is there a particular feat you hope to accomplish?

J
It's good if you included the prompt so that we can understand what this writing is exactly about.

I find this to be one of my biggest challenges because any parent would want to be a part of their child's life as much possible while also maintaining their own individuality, in my case balancing both my roles as a successful young student and a mother will be a feat. People ask me all the time, "Wouldn't being a student interfere with being a parent?", "what about work"?

This is going to be the biggest challenge for me because like any other parent I too would want to spend as much time as possible with my daughter while also maintaining a sound balance between the two roles, a mother and a student.

Home / Undergraduate / I'm stuck here wondering about my future; Transfer to old west bury