Essay about telling the story that shaped my characters

Roandan 1 / -  

The Event That Shaped My Identity

I woke up in my dream and realized I was sitting in a table, waiting to have dinner with different Gods and Godess. It seemed like there was one God who has not shown up. Suddenly, there came a thunder and then the host of the party appeared. He quickly rushed to his chair at the head of the table and told everyone to start eating. I unconsciously kept eating without noticing that there was a very dark creature silently stepping into the party.

For one second, everybody stopped, the darkness started to invade, all of the Gods and Goodess vanished to the air and only the host remained. He pointed at me and said this : " For now, you have to go on your own! Don't seek for any help, stand up and be a light of your own path !". My heart stopped for a second when that monster came out of no where and bite my arm. I was so terrified but tried to stay clam, I slowy touched its head and said: " It's fine now, I can feel your pain. I could set you free from your suffering and I truly want it. " She turned her eyes looked, smiled then she said: " Thank you for understanding me when no one did ". It was a dream I had a few months ago. I still remembered it vividly and clearly
I am not clear about how this story shaped your identity. It is a fictional account of something you dreamed about. So, where is the relation to your character? Or, are you trying to describe how you imagined characters that you created? I am not really sure what the point of this writing exercise is because you did not really reflect the main purpose of the writing in your narrative. When you do not write with a clear background for the characters, or at least a scene set up, the readers will be confused and not have any idea what is going on or why it is happening that way. You have to make the opening statement more descriptive to overcome that shortcoming.
HITZYBITZYTYTY 1 / 2  
@Roandan
I feel like you did not understand the topic you had to write about. This seems like a random memory you have rather than an incident which shaped your identity!

Home / Undergraduate / Essay about telling the story that shaped my characters