A time that I overcome problems: From Pakistan to America

Lauratwilight 6 / 10 1  
A time that I overcome problems
During one's lifetime, one will encounter so many problems, which we should overcome. Only when we dash over these problems we are able to grow up.

Tracing back to three months ago, when I just came to America, I couldn't adjust myself to life surrounding me. The new environment, new people and new language are all unfamiliar to me at all, so they took me a long time to get accustomed to that. Under great pressure from both my parents' aspiration and my own motivation, I gradually became puzzled. I was always asking myself whether it is worthwhile for me and my whole family to come here at the cost of so much. These problems confused me until I read an article from the newspaper which was about a boy named Iqbal Masih.

He was from a remote town from Pakistan, and was sold to a carpet factory by his parents at 4 years of age. He was forced to do as much manual work as he could. Without enough nutrition and sleep, he was skinny and short. Let us suppose you are locked in a gloomy and damp loom, how will you feel about your life? Sucks? However, this boy was locked up in the carpet factory for almost 6 years, and he wasn't desperate. After escaping from the 'jail' at the age of 10, he was freed by an organization defending children labor. He gave out a lot of speeches about children labor all around the world. To our disappointment, he was killed only two years after receiving freedom-at the age of 12.

The little boy's life experience shocked me a lot. I began to reflect on my negative thoughts about my new life in USA. Comparing my life to his, I feel that I am so weak. He never gave up and struggled for life until the last moment of his lifetime. He didn't complain about what God gave him, instead, he cherished every moment in his life.

"No pain, no gains," this little boy inspires me never to give up. He helps me overcome the shadows in my life and gives me my philosophy about me life "Life can never be smooth; it's for you to determine".
t1292 11 / 21  
First of the grammer is a problem Try reading it aloud SLOWLY and you will catch your own mistakes.
Second dont use might or some you dont sound confident.
Third less about this poor boy and more about your problems in America what didn't you like? Why was it a problem?
Only when we overcome these problems, are we able to grow up.

Tracing back to three months ago, when I first came to America, I couldn't adjust myself to life surrounding me.

The new environment, new people and new language were all unfamiliar to me at all , so it took me a long time to get accustomed to them .

However, this boy was locked up in the carpet factory for almost 6 years, and he 'wasn't desperate'. How about 'never gave up hope'?

After escaping from the 'jail' at the age of 10, he was freed by an organization against child labor. He gave out a lot of speeches about children labor all around the world.

He helps me overcome the shadows in my life and gives me my philosophy about me life; "Life can never be smooth; it's for you to determine".

Home / Undergraduate / A time that I overcome problems: From Pakistan to America