I want to use my life to advocate for those in need; NYU

kk081595 1 / 2  
It is my dream to go to NYU and I have the ACT but my GPA is a little lower than average. I have been told essays are a major factor in admissions at NYU so I really am trying to write some good essays, but writing has never been my strong suit. I would liket these to be very personal and make the reader feel my desire for admittance and my excitement and faith in my future, but I just dont feel it in this essay. Give me your ideas! THANK YOU!

A. NYU's global network provides students with hundreds of academic areas of interest for students to cultivate their intellectual curiosity and to help achieve their career goals. Whether you are entirely undecided about your academic plans or you have a definitive program of study in mind, what are your own academic interests? Feel free to share any thoughts on any particular programs or how you might explore those interests at NYU on any of our campuses

Mother Teresa once said "I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world". This quotation holds extraordinarily true in my aspirations for the future. I have always looked at my future as a blank canvas ready to transform into a magnificent work of art. Not only that, but to use that work of art to change the lives of other human beings. In a world so focused on money and fame, I want to use my life to advocate for those in need. One of my dreams is to work internationally, not only with just relations and communications, but also with missions work. My faith has been an extremely vital part of my childhood and development, and I am a strong believer in Gods plan for me. Since the age of 15, I have felt a connection with missions work that I cannot necessarily put into words. I will begin my international missions work, this summer, as I travel to Nicaragua for a 10 day missions trip, focused on helping this under developed country, but also sharing my faith. This missions trip will be only the beginning of my work and education in this international setting. As a global network so focused on diversity and the cultivation of intellectual curiosity, New York University, I trust, would be the ideal establishment for me to become an educated student, preparing for a career of service and success.
OP kk081595 1 / 2  
This is my Why NYU essa (only 68 available characters left) Opinions also wanted on this

Walking down the streets in Buchanan, MI is something of an experience. Everyone knows your name, where you've been, and even where you are going. This is my community. Although I love where I come from, I have always had a strong connection with international cultures and the 'big city lifestyle'. But being in a town of merely 4,500 people, this was never a reality for me to be a part of. New York University has become that reality. The reality of a university so engulfed in its students and their success. A university that looks at my dream of making the world my classroom, and simply says "where would you like to begin?"
philo138 1 / 2  
write from your heart and put it on essay forum
OP kk081595 1 / 2  
My final essay that needs help, what intrigues you? (58 available characters)

June 17th, 2012 marks one of the biggest tragedies to hit my community. Though the death of any one person is universally known and mourned, the loss of a thriving student and best friend not only shook me but my entire city. What intrigues me is how we, as human beings, can take advantage of life. Many of us live our lives wanting more and more, but we never fully take into account all that we have been given. Life is such a blessing and it should not take a tragedy, as horrible as a death of a child, to learn this. I will never forget the feeling of hearing the words, "Katlynn, Dilan passed away today" and the reality of what those words meant. Those 5 simple words changed my outlook on life and the appreciation I had for it. Once said by my late best friend, Dilan Shearer, "Do it big. Never Downsize. Make a statement everywhere you go." These words are what I try to live my life by. Although some may use a quotation like this as an excuse to live a life of wrong doings and risk, I take the words to heart by wanting to live each day to the fullest and experiencing all that this world is offering to me. I want to make my life into a story that people hear, and they relish about the achievements I was able to make. Life is not something we should take for granted, we must acknowledge our blessings and use them to better ourselves and the people around us. For we are only given one life to live, why not make it worth living?

Home / Undergraduate / I want to use my life to advocate for those in need; NYU