'Visiting Australia' - Unique interests/talents - Bucknell

teddyerock 3 / 2  
The following questions are your opportunity to demonstrate, within the context of the Common Application, what makes you uncommon and uniquely you. In your responses, be bold and have some fun - really! Tell us about your talents and interests so that we can know the "you" behind the transcripts.

What are the three most important things Bucknell's faculty and students should know about you? (up to 200 words each)

Visiting Australia has been a dream of mine, since the second grade. Unlike most, I am not interested in the beaches or the accents. I am drawn in by the unique diversity of their wildlife. My curiosity stems from a research project that I completed in elementary school. I was supposed to investigate my ethnicity, but lucky for me my school didn't have any books on Poland. Somehow I ended up with a book on Australia. Within the pages, I discovered pictures of the strangest creatures that I had ever seen. It wasn't the usual animals, like koalas and kangaroos, that caught my eye. The emu, Tasmanian devil, and wombat stuck out to me as these cute, yet odd creatures. As I have grown older, I learn more, and continue to be intrigued by the country. Yet, now I know of other places that are also as unique as Australia. I have subconsciously created a list of places I want to visit, which covers most of the world. Although my list is constantly increasing, Australia is still my top priority of where to explore first.

I am one of the three percent of the nation affected by a typically unfamiliar skin disease. Eczema may seem insignificant, but it plays a huge role in my life. My skin cracks, itches, burns, and bleeds uncontrollably. As sweat drips into the cracks, I'd like nothing better than to rip my face off and make the pain disappear. I've spent my whole life pining for an unknown cure. Although I'd get rid my eczema if given the chance, I don't let it slow me down. I can run, jump, and dive as well as anyone else. It takes a little extra effort to stick it out the pain, but I don't mind the hard work. I love what I play, and working hard is something I'm accustomed to. I wear skirts if I want to, regardless of how cut up my legs may be. My disease doesn't control me.

On the second one, my friend thinks I am being too harsh. let me know what you think or about any of my errors.
Also I still need to finish my third, but am not sure what to write about.Should I balance myself out with my musically interests (my application reflects me as very athletic) or should I talk about my love for swimming and loyality to a day camp that i grew up at.
upendhakal 1 / 3  
I had attended same essay and had described my interest in playing cricket and playing Guitar.

I think interest in swimming can be a good one for third.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Visiting Australia' - Unique interests/talents - Bucknell