WPI Supplement Open Response - How did you become interested in WPI? (650 characters)

gotpho 4 / 19  
Hi there. I am having trouble making my supplement open response work. WPI has a limit of 650 characters, so the response has to be very concise. However, I also want to inject some humor into it as well. This is what I have, however it sounds a bit choppy to me. I'm not sure if it transitions well enough, or if it even addresses the prompt fully. The main point I am trying to get across is that I became interested in WPI because I feel that it is a perfect fit for me. Thanks for the help!

How did you become interested in WPI? (650 characters)

Upon my visit to WPI, I was greeted by the aroma of BBQ chicken; food is always a seller. However, during my tour I was captivated by WPI's emphasis on project-based learning. This lehr und kunst* approach to education really suits my preference for hands-on learning. WPI's bijou campus also attracted me. It is small, yet full of amenities. I detected a familiar sense of community there, almost reminiscent of that of my high school. Wolfing down chicken in Morgan Commons**, I felt like a WPI freshman gaining his fifteen. Holistically, WPI resonates well with me. I want to attend a college that is a good fit for me, a criteria that WPI satisfies.

*lehr und kunst is WPI's motto, it means theory and practice. This is taken from the WPI website:
Making a Difference through Project-based Learning
From the Great Problems Seminars, to the Humanities and Arts project, to the Global Perspective Program, WPI students are tackling some of the most critical problems facing our world today and having life-changing experiences while they're learning.

We don't just believe in making the world a better place though science, technology, the arts and humanities - we actually do it.

**Morgan Commons is WPI's freshman dining hall.. great food there!
OP gotpho 4 / 19  
bump* :[
OP gotpho 4 / 19  
I am desperate T-T I will bump one last time.
atiekay 1 / 2  
I really like it. You manage to pull off the humor and show your knowledge of the school. The transitions look fine to me, although the 'However' in the second sentence could be a little smoother. Also the 'good' and 'satisfies' in the last sentence seem somewhat weak and you might want to use stronger words. All in all, great response. :)
OP gotpho 4 / 19  
arigatou gozaimasu kay-san :]
OP gotpho 4 / 19  
hmm I decided to just rewrite my supplement. how does this sound?

I discovered WPI when Bonnie Hall visited my school. During the info session, I was enticed by WPI's substantial emphasis on project-based learning. This lehr und kunst approach to education really suits my hands-on learning style. Wanting a better perspective of life at WPI I decided to visit campus, where I was greeted by the aroma of BBQ chicken; food is always a seller. What I found on the bijou campus was a huge sense of community, and an even larger sense of passion. I met people of all backgrounds at WPI, people passionate about what they do.

I need a last sentence.

Home / Undergraduate / WPI Supplement Open Response - How did you become interested in WPI? (650 characters)