Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 2

[IELTS ACADEMIC WRITING TASK 1] Participants for activities in a social house in Melbourne

Pikes_2006 1 / -  
The graph below gives information on the numbers of participants for different activities at one social centre in Melbourne, Australia for the period 2000 to 2020.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The line graph indicates the total number of people joining five activities, particularly film club, martial arts, amateur dramatics, and table tennis, at a social centre in Melbourne, Australia, between 2000 and 2020.

It is evident that film club and martial arts only fluctuated slightly, with the former remaining the most popular choice in 20 years. Except for the decrease in amateur dramatics, both table tennis and musical performances experienced upward trends, while the opposite was true for amateur dramatics.

Film club was consistently the most common activity in the social house, with the total participants remaining around 65, despite a slight drop to 60 in 2010. The membership in martial arts was more unstable, oscillating between 30 and 36 people until 2020.

There was a notable increase in the number of people playing table tennis at the social house in Melbourne. In 2000, there were 15 participants, which increased to 20 in 2005 and remained unchanged for the following five years. However, starting in 2010, there was a surge in participants, peaking at 56 in 2020. On the contrary, in 2000, 27 people participated in amateur dramatics. This number slightly increased in 2005, but declined dramatically to only five participants by the end of the period.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15168  
Try to keep your task 1 essay to under 200 words. Never cut into the writing time for the task 2 essay. You need the full 40m minutes to complete task 2.

The summary overview is faulty in the sense that it is a compressed single sentence when it should be presented as a 3 sentence summary. Every sentence should contain only 1 idea in this presentation. The sentences must link together in that paragraph to show your ability to create cohesive and coherent sentences. This is a criteria that the examiner will be looking for throughout your reporting analysis.

Do not limit your punctuation usage to only a comma and a period. It is important that you showcase your ability to write in proper simple, complex, and compound sentences through the use of various sentence presentations and punctuation marks. You are not going to score well in the C+C and GRA sections at this point.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS ACADEMIC WRITING TASK 1] Participants for activities in a social house in Melbourne
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: