Essay about the advantages and disadvantages of having school uniforms

thuylinh2806 1 / -  
In some countries, schoolchildren wear a uniform. In others, they can wear whatever they want at school.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of having school uniforms?

In some parts of the world, wearing a uniform is mandatory for students, however, pupils living in other
nations are free to put on any clothes at school. While putting on this might reduce discrimination in our society and recognize easily which school children are studying, it also has negative effects which need to be taken into account.

Firstly, one advantage of having school uniforms is that there will be no discrimination between the rich and the poor. Indeed, school uniforms tend to be cheaper than any casual or trendy clothes which wealthy students want to wear to show off with their peers. Take those living in poor housing conditions, for instance, they can afford them easily without worrying about their prices. Secondly, another benefit is that it is easy to identify schools' names in the public instead of investing money in media advertising, this practice helps to advertise schools' reputation to everyone, and also gives schoolchildren a great sense of pride about their schools.

On the other hand, it is worth mentioning the disadvantages of wearing this. From the perspective of fashion lovers, it is inconvenient and annoying for them as putting on uniforms seem to be unattractive and not elegant. Besides, wearing uniforms make them less confident whenever they go to school. In addition, another issue is that it affects schools' profiles when badly-behaved students who are wearing uniforms bully, hurt other weaker people in the public areas. This causes detrimental impacts on the success of these schools because parents are reluctant to send their children to schools having these bullying and poorly educated pupils.

In conclusion, although wearing uniforms brings benefits, but this might sadden school children who loves fashion, and have negative consequences for the reputation of schools in some cases.
A better thesis statement can be produced for this discussion. Since a clear pro discussion had already been presented, the con reason should have been presented as well. By presenting the conflicting reasons early one, a clear discussion path will be set for the reader / examiner, who will then have a better assessment of the English comprehension skills and opinion development process of the exam taker. A completely developed thesis statement can only be a scoring boost for the TA section. A perfect restatement + opiniom paragraph will practically assure the student of a passing score.

The reasoning paragraphs are well developed. The reasons are connected enough within the paragraphs and definitely offer cohesive pro and con discussion presentations in the 2 rreasoning paragraphs. Yes, the sentence presentations could be more complex, but this simple presentation is more than enough to avoid failing GRA penalties. What is important is that the discussion can be easily understood by the reader.

There is a slight vocabulary error on the side of the exam taker that will result in a minute scoring deduction in the LR section. Refer to the following in terms of a misunderstood word meaning:

Sadden - verb meaning to make or become sad.

Saddle - verb meaning to load or charge with a burden

It is the latter word that the writer was supposed to use as the descriptive term in the concluding summary.
Fatimatuzzahro 1 / 1  
While putting on this might reduce ... ( negative effect change with your opinion, this sentence is to general)

(please mention personal thought in the conclusion)

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay about the advantages and disadvantages of having school uniforms