Alternative form of transport and car ownership.

HuongPinky 1 / 1  
Hi, I'm a new member.
Im going to have IELTS exam >.< and I really need helping :(
Please check this for me and give me some advice too.
Thanks a lot <3

WRITING TASK 2
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
Present a written argument or case to an educated reader with no specialist knowledge of the
following topic.
The first car appeared on British roads in 1888. By the year 2000 there may be as
many as 29 million vehicles on British roads.
Alternative forms of transport should be encouraged and international laws
introduced to control car ownership and use.
What are your views?

Transportation now has become a hotly-debated issue. Some people claim that car should be replaced with other forms of transport and international laws should be given to car ownership and use. However, toward the same matter, others may have contrast opinions. I personally believe altering form of transport and giving new international laws to car possession and use are needed "because of both environment and finance related reasons

"We are living in a world that pollution is becoming a stressful and serious problem and private cars owing is one of the most major factors. Many substances are being used to build cars despite the lacking of natural resources. Subsequently, there is a large amount of fuel and energy is being exhausted to the stress. As a result, our mother earth is receiving consequences such as global warming, retreat of glaciers...Moreover, not only surrounding environment is affected but also people's health. Many statistics showed that the number of people having respiration related problems like bronchitis, asthma increased observably and nonstop. To prevent community from those matters above, in my opinion, the government should give laws about means of transports in-use and their possessors.

Another undeniable reason to agree with the idea above is having private cars strongly impacts to our finance. While so many countries in the world now are under inflation, it is not recommended to have a car on your own. So many taxes like imported taxes and fees including gas, car insurances need paying. Also, all over the world, figures of cars are rising fast, for example Britain with 29 millions of private vehicles. The more in need of parking spaces, the more money is required.

It is absolutely true that having a car is much more convenient and active. However, public transports such as buses and trains are now widely used. Another convincing reason is public vehicles are friendly with environment.

In conclusion, I think such big problems are solved by altering form of transport and giving new international laws are suitable to present scene and it is time government do it to have a better living standard
amitt - / 80  
HuongPinky alternative form of transport also means developments/inventions/research work done in the field of transportation, days are not too far when electric cars would run on roads. Which would require chargeable batteries/you also forget to mentions solar panel cars. Few days before on BBC it was shown how battery operated cars are working their main concern is speed that is only limited upto 50 km/hour.
OP HuongPinky 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot I'll try to fix it

Home / Writing Feedback / Alternative form of transport and car ownership.