IELTS TASK 2 - An American film actor once said: "tomorrow is the most important thing in life"

amour /  
An American film actor once said: "tomorrow is the most important thing in life". How important do you think it is for individuals and counties to think about the future rather than focus on the present?

Future Life vs Today

An American actor stated that "tomorrow is the most important thing in life" This statement signifies that individuals and countries had better to ponder future life as opposed to the present. However, I believe that thinking of future is as important as thinking of present.

Future is a chance where individuals can dream what they are going to be. However, the future is decided on what people do in the present life, thereby they ought to make a good plan to pursue their ambition. For instance, if some ones whose dreaming to work for embassy, and thus, from now on they are supposed to prepare themselves by studying international relations, reading national and international news and so forth. By doing so, they will possess a strong provision to attain their dream job. Hence, people are highly to equate present life with the future.

In addition, future is a new life beginning, where countries are able to become better than ever. For example, in the past, Mali had densely population that its societies were predominantly low income family. This becomes a sovereign issue which should be taken into account. To deal with, a present time is a moment, in which the government set a plan how to decrease the deprivation in the future, such as maintaining education for children, providing free health treatment, and all. Thus, it is unquestionably that present life is ultimate as well.

In conclusion, I believe that future life has a strong tie with the present. It is undoubtedly true that thinking of future is important. However, people are lives in the present, where they can set a goal to become ever better in the future.
Hi Helene, after reading and understanding your essay, I must say it's quiet weak, the introduction for instance, it's like you jammed a lot of words into it so that it looks official, however, the sense and idea is not there at all. Remember, your readers, not only here on EF are well versed in the language, they practice, they edit, they learn to create the best essay they can ever write in order to answer the prompt.

Now, there's nothing wrong with coming up with a weak essay, the bad thing is when you don't learn from your mistakes and pretend that the essay is good when it's not. Anyway, the most noticeable part of the essay is the words you choose in order to create your sentences. You seemed to just put them altogether without realizing what the words really mean.

What I suggest is for you to consider a rough draft, mind the suggestions of the contributors here on EF and be more cautious in choosing the words you incorporate in your essay. I hope to review your revised essay soon.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 - An American film actor once said: "tomorrow is the most important thing in life"