IELTS: Capital Punishment - is beneficial to penalize the recidivist

SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
Without capital punishment (the death penalty) our lives are less secure and crimes of violence increase. Capital punishment in essential to control violence in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Capital punishment is beneficial to penalize the recidivist. Some people say that it may increase our security in lives and control the violence in the society, while critics against it. I tend to agree that capital punishment may effective in side of law but not acceptable in the field of humanity.

Capital punishment is highly beneficial on criminal punishment. There is no exception to punish a holocaust actor and also humanization criminals as their dreadful crime causes a large number of deaths. For example, Saddam Husein, as a Libya leader who raises domestic war in his country got the capital punishment from the rebellions. The effect of such punishment can be prevented another criminals to do the similar crime. As the domino effect while a person see a terrible punishment occurred as result of something, it tend to stop the similar tendency.

However, in the side of humanistic view, human should be honour for their right. God giving people live and it is cruel while living is decided by the law. I believe that everybody is changing and also we should give a chance for people even they are criminals to make betterment in his life. It does not mean that I agree criminals should be live freely after some criminalization they do. Giving the second opportunity for people to change is wiser than that of capitalize them directly after crime. In any case of a robbery or terrorism attack, taking consideration as the curative measure is viewed more beneficial over doing capitalization.

Having said that capitalization is a good way to punish criminals in kinds of dreadful criminals also prevents another criminal's tendency. However, people may get a second opportunity even though the hazardous occurred as the effect of their behaviour. I agree that punishment should be stand strictly to control the violence in the society but not in shape of capitalization.
as14 2 / 3 1  
Hi, Please find below my comments on reading your essay:-

1. Please state names only when you are extremely sure (Saddam Hussein was the 5th President of Iraq and has no connection to libya)
2. Present views either for or against the statement. While the first para is for Capital Punishment the second views human life as a gift from god and hence above human judgement. Giving both the sides of the coin leaves the reader feeling that you are not sure of your opinion on the issue.

3. The use of some words needs to be checked- Capitalization (means the cost to acquire an asset) Criminalization (is the process by which an individual is transformed into a criminal)

Hope the above helps you out...
OP SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
(Saddam Hussein was the 5th President of Iraq and has no connection to libya)

Oh my God, I want to mention Muammar Qhadafi when I wrote this task in test simulation.Under pressure often make me lost of focus. Thank you for reminding me :DD
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
Excellent feedback from as14. Those are very important points and I hope you pay lots of attention to them.
However, in the side of humanistic viewfrom a more humanistic perspective, every human being should be honour for theirhas a right to live . God givinghas given people live life and it is cruel while living is decidedwhen it is deprived by the law.

Give specific examples to reasons you use for justifying your opinion.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Capital Punishment - is beneficial to penalize the recidivist