Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 2

[ WRITING TASK 1] The charts below show annual average spending on clothes per person in the US in

hana115 1 / -  
The bar chart compares the expenditures of USA on clothes in 1985 , 1995 and 2005

It can be seen that all the figures experienced an upward trend . The spending for women's clothes was the highest over the period; while, the amount of money spent on boy's clothes was the least .

In terms of adult's clothes , the money that american people spent on men's clothes increased significantly from around 300$ in 1985 to its peak, at more than 415$ per person in 1995 . Then , it plunged to 400$ per person .The expenditure on women's clothes went up sharply from 450 to around 630$ per person , in 1985 and 2005 respectively .

In addition ,the amount of money paid out on girl's clothes was more than the figure for boy's clothes . the money which used to buy boy's clothes increased slightly from 100$ to 110$ per person ,then it remained stable to the end of period. The spending on girl's clothes grew gradually from 100$ to 170$ per person , the former in 1985 and the latter in 2005 .

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15169 4859  
Your summary overview should be at least 2 sentences long. You should add an enumeration of the sources of information to easily meet that requirement. By the way, you need to practice reviewing and editing your work before submitting for a grade. That way you avoid oversights such as the missing period at the end of your summary overview presentation.

american

Remember the noun usage rule: All proper nouns are capitalized in the presentation. Americans refer to the people of the US and therefore, is a proper noun. It should have been capitalized.

Save for these errors, the presentation is pretty much straightforward and provides the correct information to the reader. The mistakes you made are avoidable, provided you remain conscious of it going forward.

Home / Writing Feedback / [ WRITING TASK 1] The charts below show annual average spending on clothes per person in the US in
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: