The charts below show the proportion of people's total spending in a particular European country

giangianguyen67 1 / 3  

resident's sum expenditure on goods

The two pie charts compare the percentage of resident's sum expenditure on six categories of goods and services in a European country over two separate years( 1958 and 2008).

Overall, it is evident that the amount of money was allocated for all aspects, except clothing, changing quite significantly over a 50-year period.
it can be seen from the charts, food accounted for the highest proportion of people's spending with 32% in 1958. However, this figure fell considerably to only 12% fifty years later. The opposite trend can be seen when we look at the luxury goods segment. The period from 1958 to 2008 saw substantial growth in the percentage of spending on this segment, becoming the second favorite item and having the same figure with the travel or transport sector.

In addition, while the proportion of budget spent on housing rose dramatically from 22% to 32% in 2008, European people paid out for entertainment decreased nearly twofold, which took up only 6% at the same time.Turning to the remaining sector, over the five decades ensuing experienced a slight drop by 2% in the percentage of the money was used for clothing.

kellywee1234 4 / 6 5  
Message is clear and simple. Very well written.
Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15055 4834  
I cannot review your work against the chart that you uploaded because the image you included for this report is the incorrect one. You are talking about expenditures but the image you uploaded indicated figures for library visit. In light of the wrong image that you uploaded. I will only be able to do a grammar review for your work. Please be careful next time. Double check the image you attached before you upload it with your paper.

(WARNING! STUDENTS MUST NOT UPLOAD THE IMAGE FOR THE OP !)

I would have to say that you wrote just the right amount of words for the report presentation. The presentation however, requires more work. The summary overview lacks information such as the outline of the data provided, measurement type, and a clearer trending statement. You should also make sure to separate your presentation into paragraphs, clear separations per paragraph. Additionally, make sure you always start your sentences with a capital letter.

The comparative discussion should be completed within 2 paragraphs. The first paragraph is the summary overview and the next 2 paragraphs, should offer an extended discussion of the trending statement. The content of those 2 paragraphs should show the similarities and differences, or overlapping information points. I cannot truly determine the accuracy of your presentation due to the lack of the image. This is the best review that can be done for your work at this point.

Home / Writing Feedback / The charts below show the proportion of people's total spending in a particular European country