Ielts task1: children's sport participation - graphs reporting

Angela Pham 1 / 1  
The graphs above give information about the money spent per month by British parents on their children's sports between 2008 and 2014. The second chart shows the number of children who participated in three sports in Britain over the same time period.

Write a report of at least 150 words reporting the main features and making comparisons where relevant.

The average amount of money that British parents expended monthly on their progeny's sports in a seven-year period is revealed by the first given graph while the second supplied chart gives data on how much children took part in football, athletics and swimming from 2008 to 2014.

At the first glance, it is clear that the charge invested in children's sport increased steadily each year as well as the growth of participants in three common sports.

In 2008, the levels on spending on children's sport activities stood at 20 pounds, after that this figure rose significantly over the rest six years and peaked at roughly 33 pounds in the year 2014.

Turning to participation levels, football had drawn by far the largest attention during the period, specifically the quantity of participants was approximately 8 millions in 2008 and then went up to 9 millions in the last year. Although swimming experienced a same trend, the figure for this sport was much lower with 2 millions children participated in 2008 but then rose gradually at 3.5 millions in the year 2014. Finally, the number of kids joining athlentics leveled off at 1 millions over the first two-year period, nevertheless the amount of athlete witnessed a remarkable leap from 1 to 5 millions between 2010 and 2012 then declined slightly by 0.3 millions in 2014.

Always assume that the reader cannot see the image. That is why the writer is being asked to offer an accurate report. He is the only one who can see the image at the point of writing. The examiner is always assumed to be reading the report in a blind state. He is understood to not have a copy nor access to an electronic form of the image. These assumptions are the reasons why the writer should avoid mentioning any image position within the page. The position is not as important as the correct image type identification and accurate summary overview.

There is a one sentence idea or description expectation per sentence. Avoid trying to explain everything in one long sentence. This will prevent a cohesive and coherent understanding of the sentence and paragraph presentations. There will be large GRA deductions when compressed discussions are used in place of properly developed individual sentences in the paragraphs.

The report is incomplete in its presentation. The analysis needs to be fully explained within 3 reporting paragraphs, bringing the total presentation fo 4 paragraphs. The third paragraph is too short as the information is too compressed. Put extra effort into the analysis of the information presented.
OP Angela Pham 1 / 1  
thank you very much!

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts task1: children's sport participation - graphs reporting