Colleges Suffer from a Lack of Diversity of Ideas

Estherwriter 1 / -  
Diversity in the world is slowly progressing, which is augmented by the high accumulation of ignorance in education. Throughout the years, there has been a need for diversity especially on the underrepresented races. To create the need for more ideas in diversity, affirmative action has been used in colleges. College students perform poorly due to the inadequate preparation. Some of them lack confidence in studies (Mattis & Sislin 86). According to studies, some colleges do not offer courses on humanities, which is a crucial field in education.

Humanities affect all people in their entire life, to enable them to survive as well as succeed in the society today. For individuals dealing with poverty issues, gaining knowledge of resources is important to them. This exposes the students to many ideas as they learn how they can become marketable in the world and be cross-cultural. To be a part of a particular world, one needs to reflect its background.

There is little diversity in college admissions within different cultures. People, who belong to the same race, come together, and living in the community (Kendall 218). Another cause which leads to this slow progression is media and high inequality among people. The media has participated in disregarding people from various races to be on television; therefore the rate of inequality has hindered them from attaining their dreams.

Today, instructors come across students from various social and cultural groups. These classes promote critical-thinking as well as proper decision making. Educators in these schools seek to provide the students with equal chances regardless of their cultural background. Multiculturalism support that students' backgrounds should be the focus of education and that learning should take place in contexts where multiple ways of thinking are accommodated.

People who share similar values come together in a town and reinforce the distinctive resources of the town. This is a notion that has existed for many years among many communities. Besides, powerful institutions such as the media greatly influence people's perceptions of different races and ethnicities. Diversity in college admissions reflects diversity of the state. However, the road to achieve this is very difficult and has led to many controversies.

In the 1960s, standardized testing of education was established to both the liberals and the conservatives who resulted to formations of high powered institutions which were driven by merit. Racism is not a cause for the problem of diversity among campus students. Thinking among the college's students is built on the notion that states that truth is achieved when ideas clash. Matters regarding political philosophies, institutions have to be absent in institutions that have to strive in exploring many ideas (Knight 63).

Studies show that most academics are not conscious that they make orders in the university, and they misuse this power to limit resources. When they operate in such environments, these professors or instructors do not comprehend the nature of the conservatives due to their biases of decency. There are several prejudices that lead to the lack of diverse ideas such as a common assumption whereby a professor may think that all the students are liberals. The students may try and justify their beliefs and thus create similar negative emotions toward the professor.
HSaucy 2 / 2  
below are my revisions. Spelling/grammer corrections are in red, and the sentences in blue are ones that I think could use rewording. I had to read them several times to understand the meaning and get the intended flow of the sentence. Also, I think this essay could use a stronger introduction and conclusion.

Diversity in the world is slowly progressing, which is augmented by the high accumulation of ignorance in education. Throughout the years, there has been a need for diversity especially in the underrepresented races. To create the need for more ideas in diversity, affirmative action has been used in colleges. College students perform poorly due to the inadequate preparation. Some of them lack confidence in studies (Mattis & Sislin 86). According to studies, some colleges do not offer courses on humanities, which is a crucial field in education.

There is little diversity in college admissions within different cultures. People, who belong to the same race, come together, and live in the community (Kendall 218). Another cause which leads to this slow progression is media and high inequality among people. The media has participated in disregarding people from various races to be on television; therefore the rate of inequality has hindered them from attaining their dreams.

Today, instructors come across students from various social and cultural groups. These classes promote critical-thinking as well as proper decision making. Educators in these schools seek to provide the students with equal chances regardless of their cultural background. Multiculturalism support that students' backgrounds should be the focus of education, and that learning should take place in contexts where multiple ways of thinking are accommodated.

Home / Writing Feedback / Colleges Suffer from a Lack of Diversity of Ideas