Color of goods and sales - Essay - IELTS_Writing task 2

Ly Na 1 / -  

How colour influences us?

Colour is a powerful tool that is used to great effect by manufacturers and retail companies when they try to sell us something. In fact, many of the purchasing decisions we make are partly or largely influenced by colour.

How true is this statement? How much does colour influence us when we buy something?

Numerous assessments analyze that customers make a strong decision to purchase goods is considerably influenced by colour. Manufacturers and retail business use colour psychology as an effective way to attract a number of customers when they sell their products. As far as I am concerned that colour is a potential element of marketing when some companies try to sell their products of a highly competitive market.

As a matter of fact, firms generally invest vast capitals to design a colourful advertisement so as to pay more public attention. Colour affects the customer's attention to make an unconscious decision. Furthermore, colour certainly becomes a particular symbolization for the company's product which is a primary element that people have to notice if they want to find a brand. For example, fast-food restaurants like McDonald's, KFC, Pizza Hut, and Popeye's all greatly use red in their brands because red creates a sense of urgency and encourages appetite.

Excitingly, colour completely impacts on some people when they have to make a decision on buying some items because it can boost their confidence. For instance, the adolescent feels more confident when they wear bright and colourful garment than dark ones. This results in a number of young people are completely choosing products and depend on colour.

In contrast, colour is not the first choice of buyers when they are deciding whether they will buy the product. Because the quality is often more assessed by the customer to make certain that the product's service life can be used for lengths of time. From my points of view; however, colour also has an exclusive ability to attract specific types of consumers and change consumer behaviour. According to research conducted in the United States, 92.6 per cent said that they considered a visual factor as the most important when buying products.

In conclusion, colour plays a vital role in the overall layout of the retail store and can largely influence the customer's pivotal decision to buy or not to buy. Therefore, manufacturers and retail companies should take advantage of colour psychology so as to use the proper colour scheme for producing items as well as decorating retail stores that attract customer buying their products.
RomanKoch 10 / 22 9  
@Ly Na
Usually it is recommended to include questions answers in the introduction. You have a statement and two questions How true is this statement? How much does colour influence us when we buy something?

So you can write your answers in general in the introduction.

Your last body paragraph has two opposite statements, better to wait for the contributor to check, but I do not think it is ok to write

... whether they will buy the product
and in the same paragraph give an example that contradicts this topic sentence
92.6 per cent said that they considered a ...

You managed to write 350+ words, it seems too many words as you will have only 40 minutes.
The examiner will be lost when he reads your essay. You did not paraphrase the original topic, nor did you respond to the 2 questions that were provided. You created a new discussion instruction instead, which will result in your essay getting a failing TA score.

OP: How true is this statement? How much does colour influence us when we buy something?
Response: As far as I am concerned that colour is a potential element of marketing when some companies try to sell their products of a highly competitive market.

Not once did you signify that you believed the statement was true. Neither did you indicate how much the color of a products influences you when making a purchase. So you failed to provide a proper representation of the original discussion, did not respond to the given questions which were to be the outline for the discussion, and you totally changed the discussion topic. Result? A failing score

Additionally, you went beyond the 2 reasoning paragraph format for this essay. This error in paragraph presentation caused you to go over the word count which, you will be able to write in a CBT setting, but will not give you time to finalize the content of your essay. Try to stay within the 4 paragraph set up going forward, no more than 5 sentences each. The discussion topics are provided in the original prompt and dictate what your reasoning discussion topics should be. In this case:

Reasoning paragraph 1: Explanation that proves the statement to be true.
Reasoning paragraph 2: Evidence that colour affects your purchase decision making process. Base this on your own buying habits and how you use colors to influence your final choice for an item to want to own.

The essay asks you to prove your point by using yourself as the example for the reasons why colour influences people when it comes to buying goods. After the fast food example, the next paragraph should have supported the preceding paragraph by allowing you to use yourself as the discussion topic based on the question: How much does colour influence us when we buy something?

By using yourself as the example of how colour affects the decision making of a person when it comes to purchasing goods, you will show a complete familiarity with the topic and also, offer a cohesive discussion of a topic that directly relates to the previous presentation.

Your discussion format is off. You do not really address the required discussion topics. Your essay will struggle to get a passing score, if at all.

Home / Writing Feedback / Color of goods and sales - Essay - IELTS_Writing task 2