Community service for students, in their free time, should be mandatory

ATTV 1 / -  
Some people believe that teenagers should be required to do unpaid community work in their free time.
This can benefit teenagers and the community as well.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

A school of thought holds that teenagers doing community service in their free time should be mandatory as this could have a number of benefits to both the teenagers and the community itself. In my opinion, such policy has both pros and cons and in this essay I am going to give my stance on the matter.

First and foremost, it is the duty of every community members to contribute to its betterment, therefore, teenagers should fulfill their responsibilities to society by partaking in communal work during their free times. Additionally, such community service could be a chance for people in teenage age to expand their social circles and hone their social skills, all of which is very important in this age. Furthermore, given that the majority of time spent by teenagers is aimlessly wandering around the Internet, which was proven to have detrimental effects on the wellbeing of teenagers both in terms of physical and mental, doing community work could impel them to go outside of their houses and satisfy the needs of natural interaction.

Despite the aforementioned benefits, forcibly making teenagers to do community work might be counterproductive. Since forcing anyone to do any work against their will often ends up in unsatisfactory results, teenagers being coerced into doing community service might as well ends be unnecessary, costing time and resources to the communities. Moreover, such mandatory services may take away already precious free time that teenagers have to do other important activities such as doing their homework or spending quality time with their families.

All in all, I would contend that making people in their teenage years doing community work in their free times has both its upside and downside. The upside is that the teenagers would have the opportunities to fulfill their responsibilities to the community and gaining valuable skills or experiences while the downside is that the results might not be sufficient and precious free time could be wasted.
The essay does not meet the discussion requirements as implied in the original presentation. . Based on the topic presentation, there are 2 opposing points of view. The writer restates only one of the two in the paraphrase sentence. The discussion format is based on an extent response. The writer has chosen to write about pros and cons instead. Totally changing the discussion instructions from the original. The essay has an inaccurate paraphrase and has a prompt deviation in relation to the discussion format. It has 2 immediate failing points at the start. These failures may prevent the presentation from achieving a passing base score. Due tothe change in discussion format, passing this test may not be possible.

Home / Writing Feedback / Community service for students, in their free time, should be mandatory