there will always be a curse out of it; Computer Literacy is a Curse

butterbescotch 6 / 41  
My mother always calls me when she is in the front of computer. Her annoying and yet pleading voice kept me detached in everything I do. She asks question I've already answered and demonstrated, numerous times. It is always how to log-in on Facebook, how to upload a photo, how to find the address bar or, in worse cases, how to turn on the computer. She is persistent to learn but I was not persistent to teach.

At first, I was eager to share my knowledge. After all, whose children don't want to impress their parents? I was enthralled to the idea. I was even making lesson plan and carefully planning what topics to be discuss per day, like teachers do. It wasn't long before I realized that my efforts are futile. My mother couldn't digest all the teachings. I couldn't figure out what went wrong and why. Eventually, I pretended not to hear any commands on the fort coming nights.

Well, not all parents share this trait, even my fellow peers belong to this category. You volunteered to answer and the next thing you know you are drowned by questions. They expect you to answer every single one of their queries. Even if you did, the same question appears in the next few months with the same person who asked it. It is like an obligation to be computer literate rather than an asset.

I was patient in all aspects of life but they took that attribute from me. To be a teacher was my childhood dream and my hero. But after having a glimpse of its insanity, I vowed not be one. Out of the questions, I was tempted to write books with titles like Mouse for Dummies, Taskbar for Dummies and the like. I fancied how much sales I will make.

In this modern world, knowing how to use computer is useful. Many people are enrolled in a computer course. They are widely used whether in business or in personal purposes. However, no matter how a blessing it is, there will always be a curse out of it.

---

Thanks for reading! Let me know what your thoughts.
lfdz 4 / 31  
Hello Rebenrio,

Some of the sentences you wrote don't sound right to me.

Above are some sentences that I think had/needed to be edited/corrected according to my writing skills.

Even if you did, the same question appears in the next few months with the same person who asked it

Even if you did, after a few months, the same question would be repeated by the same person who had asked the same question before.

It is like an obligation to be computer literate rather than an asset.

Explain why. Oh, and I think is "its" instead of "it is". =)

I was patient in all aspects of life but they took that attribute from me

This sentence doesn't sound right to me. Who is they? *.*

To be a teacher was my childhood dream and my hero. But after having a glimpse of its insanity, I vowed not be one

I think you should take the "and my hero" part off. It doesn't sound right to me.
Explain "its insanity"

Best Regards,
Use THE:
My mother always calls me when she is in the front of the computer.

Her annoying and yet pleading voice kept me detached from everything I do.---I like this part. You have a great writing style.

She asks questions I've already answered and demonstrated, numerous times.---- :-)

It is always how to log-in on Facebook, how to upload a photo, how to find the address bar or, in worse cases, how to turn on the computer. She is persistent to learn but I was not persistent to teach. ---Wow, it is so good!

... on the forthcoming nights.

To be a teacher was my childhood dream and my hero. But after having a glimpse of its insanity, I vowed not be one. ----clever.

However, no matter how great a blessing it is, there will always be a curse associated with it.

Brilliant!!
OP butterbescotch 6 / 41  
@Lorenzo

Thanks for the inputs. I think it's "It is" since "Its" is a possessive noun. I'll violate the subject and verb agreement in the process.

@Kevin

Thanks I appreciate your comments :]
lfdz 4 / 31  
Ok! I guess you are right.

ps. I meant below not above. Sorry :S
OP butterbescotch 6 / 41  
No worries mate. Thanks for the reply :]

Home / Writing Feedback / there will always be a curse out of it; Computer Literacy is a Curse