Differences of Life between in the city and in the countryside

Ron Weasley 5 / 15 4  
Please help me with this essay. I am very thankful for all your help!! Now is 10:53 a.m, so Good night!! (I hope someone will help me tomorrow) ^.^

People now have many options of their living destination. While some people would prefer a quiet and peaceful place such as rural areas, others love to live in the cities with noise and more facilities. In fact, the life between two areas differs from two major aspects.

The first salient difference is that lifestyle. In the countryside, the pace of life is very slow. People tend to be more relaxed because their work is simple. Every member can often enjoy the family life after a hard working day on the fields. Moreover, they are also less practical than people living in the city. In contrast, the city-lived in residents always seem to be faster. They spend most of their time working outside in order to make a living. As a result, they seldom have time with their family members.

Another important distinction is the job opportunities and living condition. There are poor job opportunities in countryside. They annually work on their farmlands and live in poor condition since the infrastructure is not as good as that in the city. For instance, the roads are degraded and the means of transport are restricted. In addition, children have fewer chances to present at school than those in the city. On the contrary, people settling in the city can land many new jobs in the city because many companies are operating there. Therefore, they can have different options to apply for different jobs. Furthermore, the standard of living is higher, and the building and transport system are improved.

To conclude, the way for living is differed from the rural areas to the city in many aspects. Although people who stay in the city have a better living condition, they often suffer from stressful situations.
lcturn87 - / 435 236  
I can help you with some of your essay again.

1st paragraph: Here is a suggestion for your first sentence: Today, people have many options in which they can choose to live. Keep areas singular, it should be "a rural area". Change the word order in the next sentence: "In fact, there are two major differences in living between cities and rural areas. Since you will be discussing cities and rural areas, you needed to be more specific in the sentence.

2nd paragraph: The first sentence change that to "the". Do you mean everyone who lives in the country can enjoy family life? You should change less practical to "more practical" because it means they value a simple lifestyle. The next sentence just describe these residents as "city residents".
lcturn87 - / 435 236  
I will give you more feedback for your last two paragraphs.

3rd paragraph: Place "the" before countryside. Change this word to "conditions", because it should be in the plural form. The next sentence end it with "means of transportation is restricted". This was a little confusing when I read it. Do you mean there is little access to other forms of transportation such as public transportation?

The next sentence, I think you mean that children maybe more focused on farm life than schooling. If you have taken it from a source or from your research, maybe that will help you to explain it based on facts. The last sentence change transport to "transportation".

4th paragraph: I think you need a few more sentences in your conclusion. You forget to mention the countryside in your conclusion.
Here are some corrections: "To conclude, the way for living is differed of living differs from the rural areas to the city in many aspects of life." This part of the sentence needs to be changed to: "... a better living conditions..."
Samilijah 3 / 4  
i cant say much
But perhaps add some personal experience ?
hayaalqasem 9 / 17  
Hi Samillijah
The first note is
Every member can often enjoy the family life after a hard working day on the fields.(it is better to say ) after hard working in their farms they can spend enjoyable time with their family.

the second note
I prefer to change this sentence
There are poor job opportunities in countryside. They annually work on their farmlands and live in poor condition since the infrastructure is not as good as that in the city

to
There are many unemployed people in rural areas because they fundamentally depend on their farms to gain living. In addition rural families live in hard conditions. For example there is no infrastructure for transportation or drainage, and there is no education or health facilities as qualified as cities.

the last note you say the verb (land) I don't know what do you mean. it is better to use (find)
On the contrary, people settling in the city can land many new jobs in the city because many companies are operating there
szhang25 15 / 21 8  
Hi! Here are some of my suggestions:
"The first salient difference is thatthe lifestyle."

Your second body paragraph's topic sentence "Another important distinction is the job opportunities and living condition." has two ideas in it. This creates two problems: grammatically, distinction is singular and so is "is" which means that you should only have one of "job opportunities" or "living condition" being discussed. In addition, it's better to have one focus per body paragraph so that you can merit your topic sentence idea while avoiding digression. So choose either job opportunities or living conditions to talk about.

Home / Writing Feedback / Differences of Life between in the city and in the countryside