Doing a job with hands or with your brains?

hasty2150 1 / 1  
Question:

Some people want to have a job where they can do things with their hands. Other people prefer having a jib where they can work with their heads and think. Which do you prefer and why?

Answer:

Selecting a proper job which fulfills our aptitude and talent is very important in our life. Some people prefer choosing jobs in which they do things with their hands. However, some other people prefer jobs where they do things by thinking. According to my physical and mental abilities, I really prefer to have a job which requires more thinking rather than doing things with my hands. Moreover I think working with head needs less equipment and contains less risk than working with hands.

Due to the experience of my childhood and my university I think that I have special aptitude in thinking. When I went to school I usually did my math assignments really better than my drawing. I can remember that I could solve most of the math problems which my classmates could not solve. Also, in university, I was more creative in my projects of computer programming than my laboratory projects. I really could produce better programs in C++ in compare with other students. Therefore I understood that it is better and more advantages for me to choose a job which includes more thinking rather than doing with my hands.

In addition, the jobs which need more thinking and mental abilities usually require less and lighter equipments than the jobs which include more working with hands. For example my major is telecommunication, during my work, I just need my laptops, some information and data and maybe some related lectures. These things are usually available for me. Especially today by fast growing in the internet, I can find any information and data which I need in short time. Furthermore I do not need to carry heavy things in my work ,and It is really good for my health because carrying heavy things which sometimes is often required in hand workings is kind of harmful for knees , elbows and bones.

In conclusion, I really prefer to have a job which includes more thinking than doing with hands because I think that I am more talented in thinking. Moreover thinking needs less equipment, and it also contains less risks and harms which are common in doing things with hands.
sprasad89 1 / 4  
Hi, I have tried to correct the grammatical mistakes you have committed.

Selecting a proper job which fulfills ourdoes justice to our aptitude and talent is very important in our life . Some people prefer choosing jobs in which they do things with their hands. However, some other people prefer jobs where they do things by thinkinga lot of thinking is required . According to my physical and mental abilitiesGoing by my caliber , I really prefer to have a job which requires more thinking rather than doing things with my handsthan hands on stuff . Moreover I think working with head needs less equipment and contains less risk than working with hands.an intellectual job does not need sophisticated and heavy equipments when compared to hands on job.

Due to the experience of my childhood and my universityFrom the experience I have gained throughout my childhood and university life,I think that I have special aptitude in thinking.I feel I am better off at things which require a greater application of thought . When I went to schoolIn my school days , I usually did my math assignments really better than my drawing assignments . I can rememberrecall that I could solve most of the math problems which my classmates could not solve. Also, in university, I was more creative in my projects of computer programming than my laboratory projects. I really could produce better programs in C++ in compare withcompared to other students. Therefore I understoodGradually I came to understand that it is better and more advantagesadvantageous for me to choose a job which includes more thinkingan application of mind into the job.rather than doing with my hands.

In addition, the jobs which need more thinking and mental abilities usually require less and lighter equipments than the hands on jobs which include more working with hands . For example, in my major which is telecommunication, during my work, I just need my laptops, some information and data and maybe some related lectures. These things are usually available for me. Especially today by fast growing ,thanks to the rapid growth in the internet services , I can find any information and data which I need in a short time. Furthermore I do not need to carry heavy things in my work ,and It is really good for my health because carrying heavy things which sometimes is often required in hand workings is kind of harmful for knees , elbows and bones.Also, in my kind of work, handling of heavy equipments is greatly reduced which is beneficial in preventing any accidents or health concerns at the work place.

In conclusion,I would like to conclude saying that I really prefer to have a job which includes more thinking than doing with hands because I think that I am more talented in thinking. Moreover thinking needs less equipment, and it also contains less risks and harms which are common in doing things with hands.hands on jobs.

One thing which stands out in your essay is that you have used the same point many times. Try to substantiate your claim by thinking of some real life instances, or why the hands on stuff repels you to such an extent.
OP hasty2150 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot Vikram. I'd really appriciate your suggestions.
special aptitude in thinking.

It sounds strange to say you have aptitude in thinking. Use this to be specific:
...special aptitude for methodical thinking.

You write very well! Vikram has great suggestions, but actually you do not have many mistakes. I think the suggestions are good, but they are mostly suggestions and not corrections.

A better way:
In addition, the jobs which need require more thinking and...

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Doing a job with hands or with your brains?