Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

My first memoir essay since 10 years

fayassin 1 / 1  
hello everyone, I am new in this forum and I really need help to revise my essay and try to help me in improving it and find the grammar and punctuation mistakes, I will really appreciate any help.

We all know that scents can spark a memories, some bring us joy and fond and some memories bring us sadness and frustration, but this is the life secretes and this is life joy and sadness, but whatever we do we can't change the life or destiny, it's just like black and white, without sadness there will never be happiness, and without memories we'll never have a future or present, past is just part of us it's the path we follow to our present, memories are the scent of our lives.

Without a doubt my memories cascade back to the days I was a child, I know the scent of polish nail remover always remind me of my mom because when I was a kid my mom each night would lay out what she was going to wear the next day and that night she would paint her nails to match that outfit.

My mother she has always been my inspiration in life because she was strong person, she sacrificed many things just to take care of me and my brothers, 17 hours flight separate me now from my family and friends, and I moved to the United States three years ago I had the opportunity to immigrate to the United States from my home country Jordan, it was the biggest and hardest challenge I ever face to start new life in new place with different culture and new life style and new challenges, I sacrificed many things to come to this country hoping for a better future and life, I came with dreams and strong well to achieve my goals and try to reveal what exactly I am looking for.

I remember that day three years ago when I moved here I was terrified and full of fears because I didn't even know from where to start my journey in the new place, I was always strong person and self motivated I could fit in any place or any culture because I really lived in many countries, but the biggest impact happened to me in my life was moving here and in the same time facing the barriers to fit in the new community and culture, my mother taught to be always strong and honest person and never give up my dreams, I give up my career and education to start in place I don't even have a friends or family in, alone with my wife and I can't even remember how I survived the first year, but I did it, I had an Engineering bachelor degree, and when I moved here I couldn't find a job in my career path because I found out that I need to start over again from the scratch, I worked in so many places and I met so many people but I never give up, I am the same person with the same mentality and education.

Just few months after I moved here my brother called me while I was working, his voice was sad and confused, he told me my mom she diagnostic with e some sort of cancer and she's really sick and she'll have very dangerous and life threaten surgery, I cried so bad and I really get devastated and I couldn't know what to do, she went through 14 hours surgery because some kind of disease and she survived at the end, but her sickness change my whole perspective in life, because I decided to pursue an old dream that I had just to start my life over again and study medical field and to go school again and just help people like my mom, I know I can do it because it's never too late for education, the life really full of surprises and what break me that when I left my mom was full on energy and I never imagine or anticipate that she will be sick, but this is the life secrete, at least I appreciate every single second of my life and I never give hope.

Sometimes when I smell my wife polish nail remover it bring me back memories since I was a child. I don't know why but I keep remembering my mother, I hope and pray every day that she get better, I am still young but my journey in life was so long I learned from the new life and culture, it really change me as individual and make me stronger, I love me new life here and I know this place and this country is everyone dream, but one thing life taught me, we all share the same sky and stars, sometimes I look at the stars and try to communicate with my family through them I know it's funny but it's true, I will never forget my mother sacrifices for me and my brother and I will always be true with myself and I will continue what I start and never give up.

Home / Writing Feedback / My first memoir essay since 10 years