TASK1: The given line graph illustrates the average carbon dioxide emissions per person, 1967-2007

Dat Nguyen 2 / 2 1  

carbon dioxide emissions

The given line graph illustrates how much carbon dioxide emissions per person on average in four different countries, namely the United Kingdom, Sweden, Italy, and Portugal, over a period of 40 years starting from 1967.

Overall, it is obvious that the amount of carbon dioxide emissions in Portugal and Italy saw an upward trend in the period time shown. On the other hand, the figure for the UK and Sweden is predicted to experience a fall.

Looking at the details, Portugal saw a gradual rise in carbon dioxide emissions of approximately four tonnes between 1967 and 2007. If we look at Italy, the trends are similar. It moderately increased from just over 4 tonnes to under 8 tonnes in the first 30 years, then remained stable until 2007.

In contrast, carbon dioxide emissions in the UK were highest by 2009, and then it went down over the 40-year period to just above 8 tonnes in 2007. Moreover, the figure for Sweden grew by two tonnes in 1977, after that it experienced a dramatic fall to under 6 tonnes in 2007.

Your writing has a definite problem when it comes to the GRA section. Your lack of proper sentence mixtures ranging from simple, complex, and compound is highly evident. A lack of proper usage of various punctuation marks to aid in the clarity of your statements can be seen throughout every sentence and paragraph statement. You fail to meet writing requirements in relation to the clarity of the paragraphs because of these GRA problems. While the paragraphs appear cohesive since related information is presented in each part, there is often a lack of inclusive information from the chart that would help with the proper information presentation. Basically, your main faults lie in the way that you do not really pay attention to the content of the essay and the proper scoring guidelines. You are just completing the paper for the sake of completing it. You are not targetting a higher final score with this type of writing. With this type of presentation, you will just barely pass the test, if at all. Develop your paragraphs properly. Use 3 sentences each, at the very least, to achieve a higher passing score.
rishabhk4896 5 / 9  
I feel the main problem with this report is underdeveloped and incorrect data.
Example of undeveloped data..It moderately increased from just over 4 metric tonnes to under 8 metric tonnes in the first 30 years starting with 1967
Examples of incorrect data...1. carbon dioxide emissions in the UK were highest by 2009 in 1967.......2. the figure for Sweden grew by approximately two tonnes.

Home / Writing Feedback / TASK1: The given line graph illustrates the average carbon dioxide emissions per person, 1967-2007