Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 3

IELTS WRITING TASK 1 - GLOBAL MOBILE PHONE SALES BY BRAND

ngocquyen 2 / 2  
The bar chart compares five brands' worldwide sales of mobile phone in three years 2009, 2011 and 2013.

Overall, Samsung, Appe and ZTE experienced upward trend while Nokia and LG figures indicated the opposite. Samsung phones became the most popular by the end of the period, and ZTE had the least devices sold.

Although having similar pattern, three brands Samsung, Apple and ZTE showed varying figures. Samsung sold over 250 million phones in 2009, increasing considerably to around 325 million in 2011 and surging to 450 million in 2013. Apple only had 25 million products sold in 2011, but their number inclined significantly that they finally ranked third in 2013, with 150 million. Despite having a better sale than Apple in 2009 with 50 million mobile phones, ZTE number only increased slightly to reach their peak of approximately 60 million, becoming the least popular brand in 2013.

Nokia and LG both adopted downward trend in the mobile phone market. Beginning with the highest number in 2009, at nearly 450 illion, Nokia phone sales decreased 2 years later and dropped drastically to 250 million, but still remaining the second leading brand. 125 million LG mobile phones were purchased in 2009, gradually declining to around 90 million and ending with 75 million, ranked fourth among the top 5 brands.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15169 4859  
Samsung, Appe and ZTE

The spelling of Apple or iPhone is incorrect. You should have seen that error if you had accomplished the editing and proof reading of this report as expected. That spelling error will reduce your LR score.

Your summary overview should have at least 2 sentences in it. That should be composed of at least 40 words in order to qualify as an acceptable summary overview. Next time, state more preliminary information regarding the image.

The rest of the presentation is good. You managed to inform the reader regarding the information provided in an understandable manner. While your English grammar may not be perfect yet, you used enough conversational, everyday English words to help make your presentation understandable.
markzily - / 8  
Fascinating breakdown of global mobile phone sales trends from 2009 to 2013! Samsung and Apple saw substantial growth, while ZTE showed modest gains. In contrast, Nokia and LG experienced declines despite their initial strong positions. A clear snapshot of market dynamics over the period!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 1 - GLOBAL MOBILE PHONE SALES BY BRAND
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: