IELTS Task 1: The graph below shows of types of waste that were recycled in a town between 2000-2010

HZQ 1 / 1  
The bar chart demonstrates the proportions of 4 different recyclable wastes in a town, which are plastic, cans, paper, and metal, over a period of 10 years.

The amount of recycled waste enhances a lot from 2000 to 2010. The recycled percentages of most categories steadily increase except "cans," which slightly fell in 2005. In addition, the rise of the sort of metal is noticeable, which continuously increases and occupies the highest position of the recyclable objects in 2010.

The efficiency of recycling in 2010 is far better than in 2000, whose recycled percentages are merely around 10%; while 10 years later, the recycling degree has improved 3.5 times to 4 times.

In 2005, the recycled amount of metal appears a relatively apparent change. The percentage of recycled metal is approximately 30% while the other categories are merely half of this rate. Along with the time past, metal in the end climb to the first position of all the recyclable waste, and its rate is 40%.

The summary overview should have been presented as 3 stand alone sentences in the paragraph. That is because there are 3 separate ideas being presented to the reader. Each sentence should highlight one idea for clarity, GRA, and C+C scoring purposes. The use of run-on sentences, of which there are many in this presentation, reduces the score in those mentioned aspects.

In terms of tense usage, the essay is being written mostly in present form when the information presented is already expired and therefore, should be presented in past time form. The error shows a lack of control over proper sentence structuring and presentation, leading to a failing GRA score. While the word count was met and the information was presented, it is the incorrect discussion form that will prove to be the reason this essay might not get a passing score.
OP HZQ 1 / 1  
Thank you very much!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1: The graph below shows of types of waste that were recycled in a town between 2000-2010