Hero paper.. "Sometimes even our heroes get hurt"

ashleynicole12 1 / 1  
Ok i have to write a paper on my real life hero... and i have a pretty good start but now im stumped.. so i was wondering if i could get some help. with ideas as to how to add more.

When you were a child, were you inspired by stories of knights, superman and courageous men and woman, who did wonderful things and changed the world around them? They were your heroes. You looked up to them, didn't you? You admired them and read stories about them late into the night? Weren't you inspired by their courage and hoped you could grow up to be brave and strong like them?

But what does it mean to be a hero? Is it someone fulfilling an ambition at great personal and physical struggle, or is it someone doing something for the greater good of mankind? When we were younger people perceived heroes with capes and masks. However, with the growing of age we see heroes as everyday people, sometimes in normal clothes, and we can't always see the masks or the capes until we call upon them. But then we see them. They may be in Fire Fighter gear, or wearing badges or EMS logos Military Uniforms. Each of them is what we see and call heroes for many reasons. My boyfriend is my hero because... Before Joining the United States Coast Guard he was a member of his home town Fire Department.

Sometimes even our heroes get hurt; that's how we know they are human. On November 18, 2010, my hero was out on Lake Ontario doing heavy Weather Training when they hit 12-14 foot waves, and one of the two boats out in the water rolled more than 90 degrees.
My boyfriend is my hero because... Before Joining the United States Coast Guard he was a member of his home town Fire Department.

This sentence does not seem like it really captures the heroism. I think you can dig a little deeper and express the concept to which you are referring.

Also, why the big build up before giving your main idea? I don't know if it is necessary to write so much about what it means to be a hero. Your essay is about a particular phenomenon: your b/f's heroism. Capture that unique thing instead of pontificating about what it means to be a hero.

Try to capture your concept in a single sentence.
:-)
OP ashleynicole12 1 / 1  
how can i say this.... HELP!!! this is not only a huge project but very meaningful to me it has to be PERFECT
Well, you are supposed to go help some other people and ask them to return the favor!

If you need to add more material, just find something great to read. That is what I do. I read great stuff, write down the ideas it gives me, cite it, quote it, and then find something else to read.

It's like burning wood to make fire. :-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Hero paper.. "Sometimes even our heroes get hurt"