IEITS: topic about adverting for goods

ANN123 1 / 3  
If a product is of good quality and meets people's needs, people will buy it. Advertising is unnecessary and is no more than a type of entertainment. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, advertisement becomes increasingly popular. Some debate that it is just a kind of entertainment, and cannot assist customers when they select products. From my perspective, besides the function of entertainment, advertisements also have other effects on our life.

As advertising has a widespread transmission, it is a powerful method to introduce new products to the public. The quality and unique features of the goods presenting via ads will attract potential customers to buy them. Meanwhile, the amount of information on TV or newspapers provides choices that satisfy different ages and various tastes. It helps consumers to make decisions which one would better meet their demands. And this is indeed an effective way for companies to promote sales. As advertisement plays a role as a connector for firms who provide products and services and people who purchase them.

It is a matter of fact that advertising is developing to be an independent industry. It affords numbers of employment opportunities and boosts modern economy. Sometimes, advertisements are charming and well-filmed. They are so delicately designed that could compare a work of art. We could cultivate the ability of creation and imagination when appreciate advertisements. They also enrich our leisure time. Thus, it is inadequate to define advertising only as a form of entertainment.

Taking all the aspects into consideration, I assume that it is impossible to ignore the role of advertising when we select products. Furthermore, its function is becoming wider and wider.
Nowadays, advertisements have becomes increasingly popular. Some debate that it is just a kind of entertainment, and cannot assist customersconsumers( I think this is a better word) when they select products.

From my perspective, besides the function of entertainment, advertisements also have other effects on our life.------------ I think you need to establish your stance here. Are you in agreement or disagreement or partly agreement/disagreement. What you have written is very vague and that hurts readers interest.
peterc 14 / 52  
Hi ANN123,

I just have a glance on the passage. The punctuation problem is pretty obvious to me, like "And" and "As" should not be the first word in a sentence. This do affect your marks.
OP ANN123 1 / 3  
HI dumi:
Thanks you for your advice,you are very helpful.
OP ANN123 1 / 3  
HI peterc:
I saw so many model essaies used "and" "so" in the first of a sentence,is it informal expression?
peterc 14 / 52  
Hi ANN123,

Of course, "and" or "so" could be used in the first of a sentence, but I guess you use it improperly which makes the sentence quite "broken". I would rewrite them for illustration.

"And this is indeed an effective way for companies to promote sales. As advertisement plays a role as a connector for firms who provide products and services and people who purchase them. " <-- Indeed, this is an effective way for companies to promote sales. Advertisement plays a key role as a connector for firms who provide products and services and people who purchase them.

Hope it is helpful for you!!
OP ANN123 1 / 3  
HI peterc:
Thank you for your advice, I will pay attention to this issue.
Hi Jaijagadeesh,

As per forum rules you cannot post your essays in other's threads. So start a new thread for this essay and then others would give you their comments. :)
jaijagadeesh 7 / 13  
I am sorry De silva,henceforth i will keep it in my mind,thank you.

Home / Writing Feedback / IEITS: topic about adverting for goods