IELTS_News media is important in our society.

itsmonica 2 / 2  
TOPIC: News media is important in our society. Why is it so important? Do you think its influence is generally positive or negative?

People now seem to get most of the information from the various forms of news media and whether it is important and has a positive impact in modern society or not has sparked spirited debate. My discussion will be as follows.

There is no denying the fact that news media plays an indispensable role in modern society. At first, if news media disappears, the public cannot participate their political life actively because young people who are the future of a nation will lose the chance to hotly discuss and study current affairs and old people who have rich experience cannot offer precious advice. However, if news media exists, news concerning fashion will enrich people's leisure and work life as a glance of entertaining news will be quite satisfying and can alleviate their pressure.

Admittedly, news media both has its pros and cons. Firstly, it can be deceptive and misleading as news media may give an exaggerated account of the issue without any sense of responsibility. However, news media keeps people informed of current affairs, enabling people to have easy access to the global world. For instance, people would not be told on time how is going about the air crush in Malaysia without the help of news media. Besides, some news reported about celebrities, tourism and so on is quite entertaining, which can alleviate people's pressure from their daily life.

In conclusion, news media plays a significant role in current society and it exerts a more positive impact.
kamikazexoxo 2 / 4  
I think you should improve overview because it is too simple .
You can indicate the main reason why " News media is important in our society " in your second sentence :
ex : Although there are many reasons why news media is important in our society , the most noticeable is ...
I have no idea in your conclusion but i think that it lack of something .
And your essay only has 229/250 words .
fikri 5 / 317 71  
At first, if news media disappears, the public cannot participate their political life actively because young people who are the future of a nation will lose the chance to hotly discuss and study current affairs and old people who have rich experience cannot offer precious advice.

this sentence is confusing, i cannot get your points

Let's do this intro as per the structure Pahan provides :)
Media plays a very dominant role in our lives today.(hook). News media is especially important for lives today as we live in a highly competitive environment that makes our lives very busy.

News media is important in our society. Why is it so important? Do you think its influence is generally positive or negative?

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS_News media is important in our society.