IETLS-Importance of history and effects if not taught to children

Neeta 5 / 38  
Dear All,

I'm having trouble identifing whether this particular essay topic is of hidden argument type. Also, am not sure of my writing in terms of contend and grammar. :(

Please comment to what extend I have covered the question.

Thanks & Regards

Neeta

To some people studying the past has little value in the modern world. Why do you think it is important to do so? What will be the effect if children are not taught history?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. Write at least 250 words.

History is losing its significances as many people failed to understand its benefits. A lot many consider history as a module that should be learnt by heart to pass exam and later it is as easily forgotten. However, history has a pivotal role in moulding law, societies and in the revolution of science, maths and literature. Therefore, this essay will throw some light on the importance of history and the consequences if children at school are not taught history.

First of all, history serves the purpose of achieve and give essay access to individuals for reference that is available in form of events and facts. As a result this information can be either used to predict the consequences and resolve matters before it is too late or to make changes and adapt as per modern generation needs. For instance, India's law is highly inspired by British law but due to new scenario, there are new amendments in law to serves its people. Furthermore, the old inventions such as electricity, car engine, train engine etc., are being modified to meet new demands. On the other hand, history preserves tradition that helps in bridging relationship between two nations by avoiding unnecessary situations due to lack of knowledge and communication gap. Additionally, it helps in wiping off unnecessary customs from societies. Earlier labours were treated as slaves but today, they have right to quit their job and find a new one.

Nevertheless, if school students are not taught history then a number of problems may arise concerning with economy and social behaviour of humans because history talks about experiences encountered by our ancestors and if they do not learn the moral lessons then the world will produce egocentric, immodest, corrupt humans who will be responsible for leading their countries into darkness because increase in the rate of hunger, poverty and unemployment rate will eventually shoot up crime rate. Thus, literacy percentage will fall down dramatically.

To put in nutshell, history preserves country's tradition and serves in forming or improving human's life and if advantages are neglected then it will not only affect the world economy but also, human race.
History is losing its significances as many people failed(better tell it in present tense) to understand its benefits. A lotmM any consider history as a module that should be learnt by heart to pass exams and later it is as easily forgottenitwould not have any relevance or use for their lives thereafter. However, history hasplays a pivotal role in moulding law, societies and in the revolution of science, maths and literature. Therefore, this essay will throw some light on the importance of history and the consequences if children at school are not taught history.
Jennifer Zhang 9 / 27  
history serves the purpose of achieving and giving essay access to individuals for reference that is available in form of events and facts.
OP Neeta 5 / 38  
@Dumi and Jennifer- Thanks guys for helping me out with grammer. :-)
Yes, as dumi showed you, significance does not need an s. The word significance never needs an s.

Also:
Furthermore, the old inventions such as electricity, car engines, train engines, and so forth, are being modified to meet new demands.

...and unemployment rates will eventually cause the crime rate to shoot up as well.

Thus, literacy percentage will fall down Also, literacy will decrease dramatically.

To put in nutshell, history preserves country's tradition and serves in forming or improving human's life, and if its advantages are neglected then it will not only affect the world economy but also the future of the human ra ce.

:-)
OP Neeta 5 / 38  
Thank you to everybody :-)

Home / Writing Feedback / IETLS-Importance of history and effects if not taught to children