Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation (one para)

dynastylee0929 4 / 8  

to improve work enthusiasm

Motivation is the demand for taking action. It can be purely interesting or purposeful. As Cherry (2018) defines, extrinsic motivation is to gain more benefits for people themselves, but voluntary action is the opposite. Intrinsic motivation is only to satisfy one's preferences, which has been unconcerned to external interests, additional emotions and relationships. For instance, when the traffic police judge the division of responsibilities between the perpetrators and the victims in a traffic accident, for the police, the intrinsic motivation is to solve these disputes, and the extrinsic motivation is to obtain honors, bonuses and promotion opportunities. That is not to say intrinsically motivated behaviors do not come with their own rewards, so Cherry (2018) shows that these rewards involve creating positive emotions within the individual. Intrinsic motivation in education is also an area of focus. Tutors endeavor to stimulate students' curiosity in designing courses from the perspective of students' active learning, or from the competition among teams, to promote the progress of multiple teams. Intrinsic motivation can be increased in situations where people gain satisfaction from helping others, and both in the fierce competition, students ought to keep in cooperation so as to improve their own intrinsic motivation. In additional, Cherry (2018) claims that offering rewards improves one's motivation, interest and performance, which is not totally true. For example, critics gave a high rating of the musician's new album, but the singer himself may have been less satisfied with the new song. On the whole, intrinsic motivation and extrinsic motivation are both indispensable in people's daily life, and how to stimulate people's intrinsic motivation and balance the influence of extrinsic motivation is the key to improve their work enthusiasm.

Reference
Cherry, K. (2018) Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.
Fizzik 1 / 2  
... which is not totally true.
I wouldn't use redundant words such as "totally". I would also add a comma between "interest, and performance"

Home / Writing Feedback / Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation (one para)