It's hard to define happiness - why? The intrinsic and extrinsic factors

Heiden 1 / 1  
Happiness is considered very important in life.
Why is it difficult to define?

What factors are important in achieving happiness?

Feeling pleasure is a great achievement in everyone's life. It is obvious each individual have their own definition for happiness. This variation in perception is linked to having multiple different factors which are related to determining the level of feeling delighted among the individuals. The intinsic and extrinsic factors are generally considered to be essential in getting happiness.

To begin with, as the saying goes(happiness is the state of mind). It is certainly a humans natural instinct when someone goes through a number of various positive and negative emotions during the lifetime. However,the complexity of determination the extent level of happiness which makes hard to find the major source of eternal contentment. Therefore, the individuals mindset is responsible to how can adapt or response to create happiness regardless of the external factors. In another word, being satisfied and fulfilled irrespective of the shortcomings of real life can push one toward feeling good and enjoyment.

Furthermore, there are awful lots of extrinsic factors might have a great influence on our level of happiness. In spite of that they can only create temporary enjoyment. Whenever the internal happy mindset is absent the external factors can not make one happy for longer. For instance: material possession, having good relationship, decent job or being famous... Extra. These factors can provide happiness and are necessity to help one to be happy. Meanwhile, there are so many people commit suicide despite having those external sources. This point can explain that both intrinsic and extrinsic causes need to intermingle to make the true gratification.

In conclusion, it seems evident being happy is not the same feeling for everyone. The individuals can see happiness from different angles. This characteristic feature of human is very complicated in order to be thoroughly comprehensive . So both the internal and the external causes can get into the mix to define ones level of happiness.
This is a very well "researched" response to the prompt. You approached the essay as a research paper instead of following the prompt instruction that asked you to discuss the essay based on your personal experience and ideas. Therefore, the essay response did not meet the prompt requirements. There are several problems with this essay:

- Lack of proper prompt paraphrase
- Lack of personal experience references
- Lack of personal ideas or ideas based on observations of other people (Research not required)
- Lack of the use of personal pronouns to represent information being discussed / presented
- Lack of a proper conclusion

In other words, the essay itself did not follow the prompt requirements and will be given a TA score of 4 because the format used to answer the prompt was incorrect. The minute you failed to follow the TA instructions, you already ensured that the essay that you wrote would not reach the 5 mark at all. Considering the TA score plus the other deductions that will be involved in consideration of the other rubic criteria, you will definitely not have enough points left-over to come close to a 5.

Research is never required nor allowed in these essay presentations. There will not be any time for you to do research at the testing center. Mostly because there won't be any internet access since the computers will be locked down to the LAN. That's why you should not get used to writing your essays based on researched information. Trust your instinct and respond using personal knowledge / know-how.

Word of advice, where the essay prompt says use your personal experience and ideas, do not do research to respond to the topic as you did here. Think about it instead. think about what makes you happy, then consider the discussion instructions, work on the final response based on that insight. Then you will properly represent the TA requirements. Focus on making sure you properly understand the topic and the instructions for the discussion so that you can get a good TA score, which will help support the rest of the scoring considerations and possibly limit the deductions your essay will receive.
OP Heiden 1 / 1  
I really appreciate the time and effort you put into assessing this essay. I have noticed the teachers have different strategies and different opinions when it comes to giving a feedback to a particular essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / It's hard to define happiness - why? The intrinsic and extrinsic factors