If we learn to peruse the meaning of happiness, the life will be beautiful - SAT

charpay_k 5 / 13  
TOPIC:Is happiness something over which people have no control, or people can choose to be happy?

Sitting tranquilly, I reminisce about some bittersweet moments in my past school life. Every time I saw my classmates scrawling with a cloudy look from the teachers' office, I snickered and imagined my reverse play for the same scene - meekly embracing the instruction, and then throwing away my school bag to relish a mug a Starbucks latte. Without any levity, I meant to hold my own happiness.

To be frank, the indelible movie, Life is Beautiful, significantly influences my attitude toward plights. The Orefices' family had been the most auspicious one in the world. The little son was cherubic, like an angel disseminating wishes and fortune to the whole family as well as their dreaming bookstore. At that time, Italy was misty with chilly wind squeezing through the sleeves of passengers; only the ménage shared a corner of the warmth and harmony. However, the paradise was coercively carried by a roller coaster rushing toward the hell - the war broke up; the father Guido and the son was captured and put in the Concentration camp. They were jailed. Rather than counting backwards to be liberated, they were facing their obscure destinies with scare, and waiting to be killed as Jewish. To save his son till the last second, the father tried hard to subdue his fear, solitude and the affliction of starvation, and lied to his son that they were playing a game to win a tank. He should have been cadaverous wearing a somber face, as he could not control his fate, but he harbored fortitude and optimism to live happily in such a harsh predicament, because he raised hope for life, and burdened the responsibility for his son. He chose to smile, even when walking near to death.

Even the New York Times bestsellers Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert verifies that I am sagacious. Liz used to be a holy grail for every New York lady. Her husband, country house and successful career as a writer would have won her a fulfilling life, but she was raveled by panic and confusion instead. Therefore, she started her one-year journey in Italy after divorce. 'American are always ambitious', she confessed. She was not really happy. Fortunately, she sought out that ruin was the truth during her trip. Ruin is a gift. She ate spaghetti, pizza and other Italian cuisine for entire four months, and just put on big pants. Never mindful of time silently flowing, she heated the water in a pot to fill in the tub and take a leisure bath. She burned everything she earned, and she cannot be an American, but we should believe that even American are able to arrange their trains to happiness, basking in pieces of joy and inspiration.

Virtually, we are tasked with ceaseless ordeals by God in our life. Nevertheless, we human beings are born to strengthen our souls and disinter the truth of life. If we learn to peruse the meaning of happiness, the life will be beautiful.
That first paragraph is very eloquent. All of this is eloquent.

Here is a part that is 'extra' fat to be cut:
To be frank, t The indelible movie film Life is Beautiful significantly influences my attitude toward plights. The Orefices' family had been the most auspicious one in the world.

The little son was cherubic, like an angel disseminating wishes and fortune to the whole family as well as their dreaming bookstore.---I am so impressed! But the last few words here confuse me... as well as their dreaming bookstore? I think the sentence would be more powerful without these words.

This really is some beautiful writing. If I must criticize you, I'll say you use too many adjectives. Modifiers weaken writing unless used sparingly, like jalapeńo peppers.

Home / Writing Feedback / If we learn to peruse the meaning of happiness, the life will be beautiful - SAT