IELTS TASK 1: LINE GRAPH - the number of cars registered for the first time by fuel type

Kiu1007 3 / 5  
The chart below shows the number of cars registered for the first time by fuel type from 2001 to 2016.

Summarise the infomation by selecting and reporting the key features and making comparisons where relevant.

MY ANSWER:

This chart hightlights 3 type of fuels used for the first time by registered cars from 2001 to 2016.

Number of petrol used started at 2 million and has a downward trend in the first decade.
After reaching a trough of approximately under 1 million in 2011, there was an increase of about half a million for the next 6 years.

In contrast, the number of diesel used had slightly rose for 15 years before it fell rapidly by 1 million to 0.5 million within 5 years.

By a wide margin, Alternative fuels was not used in the first decade. Instead, starting from 2011, it was moderately increase by about two hundred thousand.

Marking it as the least poplar fuel used by car.

The report does not meet the 150-200 word requirement for the task. Under former scoring guidelines, this would result in an automatic failing score. However, new guidelines allow for word count deductions to be applied while the other scoring sections are completed. This however, does not result in a passing score. It just means the score will not be 0.

The chart type is not indicated in the presentation. The petrol types are not listed either. The paragraph formations do not use the minimum standards either. The analysis requires a longer observational report. The presentation fails to provide all data that may be used for scoring. The writer has notmack a true effort to pass the test.
OP Kiu1007 3 / 5  
Thank you for your advice, I will try my best next time.@Holt

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 1: LINE GRAPH - the number of cars registered for the first time by fuel type