IELTS: London, Tokyo, New York, Madrid, Frankfurt - Average house prices in 5 cities.

mppaniz 3 / 6  
House prices
The bar chart demonstrates changes related to the average house prices in five capital cities from 1990 to 2002 and compare these data with 1989.
In the first period of five year between 1990 and 1995 the housing prices in London, Tokyo and New York dropped dramatically. In London and Tokyo the average house prices dropped well under seven percent and in New York it fell five percent, whereas in Madrid and Frankfurt it had a slight growth about two percent in compared with 1989.

In contrast, from 1996 to 2002 the housing prices had an upward trend except in Tokyo by five percent drop. London had the most growth in this seven year period with more than eleven percent growth. New York as well as Madrid faced an increased in the house prices by 5 and 4 percent. Frankfurt just had about more than 1 percent growth.

In whole, London faced the most fluctuation trend, whereas Frankfurt had the most stable trend in the housing prices over the time.
from 1996 to 2002 the housing prices had an upward trend except infor Tokyo where it fell by five percent drop

Let's say this differently;
In summary, London shows the highest fluctuation trend in housing prices while Frankfurt has the most stable trends during the period under review.-------------- since this is a graphical representation you can discuss trends in present tense.

.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: London, Tokyo, New York, Madrid, Frankfurt - Average house prices in 5 cities.